HOUSE OF LORDS
MINUTES OF PROCEEDINGS
Die Jovis 5° Octobris 2000
The House met at three oclock.
PRAYERS were read by the Lord Bishop of Bradford.
1. Secretary of State for the Home Department (Respondent) v. Rehman (A.P.) (Appellant) (England)The appeal of Shafiq Ur Rehman was presented and it was ordered that in accordance with Standing Order VI the statement and appendix thereto be lodged on or before 16th November next.
2. Negative InstrumentThe following instrument was laid before the House and ordered to lie on the Table:
Electricity from Non-Fossil Fuel Sources Saving Arrangements Order 2000, laid under the Utilities Act 2000. (2727)
2. Colchester Borough Council Bill [HL]The bill was reported from the Unopposed Bill Committee with amendments.
3. Countryside and Rights of Way BillThe House again resolved itself into a Committee upon the bill; amendments were moved and (by leave of the Committee) withdrawn; an amendment was disagreed to (see division list); the House was resumed.
4. TheatresThe Lord Harrison asked Her Majestys Government what is their response to the report by Peter Boyden to the Arts Council on English Regional Producing Theatres; after debate, the question was answered by the Lord McIntosh of Haringey.
The House was adjourned during pleasure.
The House was resumed.
5. Countryside and Rights of Way BillThe House again resolved itself into a Committee upon the bill; amendments were moved and (by leave of the Committee) withdrawn; amendments were agreed to; the House was resumed after amendment 300.
The House was adjourned at twenty-one minutes before midnight
to Monday next, half-past two oclock.