Memorandum submitted by Anne Waters HO 17
1. With very little time to prepare this submission, I would like to make the following points.
2. I would like to register my regret and concern that the amount of time allowed for this consultation is so severely limited. You call for evidence on 20th October and want submissions by 6th November. This is unreasonable
3. I would like to draw your attention to the following research, by Nobel Prize winning virologist, Professor Luc Montagnier
4. In a recent paper, Prof Montagnier, and his team report the results of a series of rigorous experiments investigating the electromagnetic (EM) properties of highly-diluted biological samples.
5. The abstract of this research in
part asserts, "A novel property of
6. Although homeopathy is not mentioned anywhere in the article, the researchers used aqueous solutions that were agitated and serially diluted (the researchers note that the solutions were "strongly agitated" and that this step was "critical for the generation of signals")
7. This is exactly the way that homeopathic remedies are prepared.
8. The researchers found that
pathogenic bacteria and viruses show a distinct Electro Magnetic signature at
dilutions ranging from 10(-5) to 10(-12) (that is 10 to the negative 5th power
to 10 to the negative 12th power...corresponding to 5X to 12X) and that small
The researchers also noted
that one experiment found significant effects from dilutions as high as 10(-18)
(to the negative 18th power, equivalent to 18X). The EM signature changed with
dilution levels but was unaffected by the initial concentration and remained
even after the remaining
10. Of additional interest was the researchers' observation that they observed the SAME results whether their initial concentration of cells were just 10 or one part in 1,000,000,000.
11. The researchers also detected the same
electromagnetic signals in the plasma and in the
12. The researchers also quote Italian physicist, E. Del Guidice, (the same scientist who Benveniste cited), for positing that water molecules can form long polymers of dipoles associated by hydrogen bonds and that electromagnetic radiations that the emit enable them to avoid decay.
13. With this initial paper Prof Montagnier and his team have started a very promising line of enquiry, which has direct relevance to homeopathy as they continue to investigate the characteristic physico-chemical properties found in high-dilutions of biological material.
14. Reference: Luc Montagnier,
Jamal Aissa, Stéphane
Ferris, Jean-Luc Montagnier, Claude Lavallee, Electromagnetic Signals Are Produced by Aqueous
Nanostructures Derived from Bacterial
1Are you aware that cutting
edge science is now recognizing that our current understanding of
17. " because receptors can read energy fields, the notion that only physical molecules can impact cell physiology is outmoded. Biological behavior can be controlled by invisible forces including thought, as well as it can be controlled by physical molecules like penicillin, a fact that provides the scientific under-pinning for pharmaceutical-free energy medicine." (my bold).
18. Please look at the work of French immunologist Jacques Benveniste on the memory of water. (1988) This work was inappropriately discredited a month after publication in the journal Nature, but current scientific knowledge now accepts that much of what Benveniste said was in fact right.
19. Evidence based medicine is about integrating individual clinical expertise and the best external evidence. The individual clinical expertise of homeopaths is dismissed as anecdotal, and so invalidated. This is unfair, inappropriate, and prejudicial. Patients own reports of benefit are ignored. There is no will to fund further research, because those who control the funding are unable to think outside the box of their own personal experience.
20. Good science relies on scientist who can think outside the box, and yet, good science is dismissed, because those who control the press, the policy and the decisions are those who have a vested interest in control, profit and outcome.
21. There is no profit in homeopathy.
22. There is no control, when the public make decisions that they consider to be in their own best interests, but are against the accepted methodology, or the limited wisdom of the day.
23. Science is very good at saying "we used to think, but now we know" This is evident in the way many pharmaceutical drugs have been licensed and then later withdrawn. It is evident in physics, chemistry, and biology. Please do not approach an energy medicine such as homeopathy with a paradigm that is inappropriate.