Letter to the Parliamentary Commissioner
for Standards from Mr Mike McGurgan
I acknowledge your letter of 25th October. The position
I held until my retirement on 31st August 2000 was company accountant
to several of the UK subsidiaries of General Mediterranean Holding
(UK) Ltd whose parent company was General Mediterranean Holding
SA incorporated in Luxembourg.
1. At no time during my tenure (10 years plus)
did Mr Vaz hold any position at any level.
2. Since Mr Vaz held no positions/appointments
the question of remuneration did not arise.
3. In view of paras 1 and 2 above no remuneration
was paid or any benefits provided to Mr Vaz.
4. I am not aware of any remuneration or any
benefits provide to Mr Vaz from any source.
5. I am not aware of any payments through any
company supporting the work of Mr Vaz in any way.
6. My opening paragraph explains my role in the
I am afraid I cannot be of any more help than the
information given above but if you wish to pose any further questions
I will be happy to co-operate.
6 November 2001