|Previous Section||Index||Home Page|
Margaret Beckett [holding answer 26 October 2001]: Many business units across the Department contribute to the maintenance of the DEFRA website as part of their communications activities, and an overall figure cannot be arrived at without incurring disproportionate cost.
Peter Bradley: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions if he will list the items of additional funding and their levels over and above the revenue support grant which his Department has made available to (a) Telford and the Wrekin council and (b) Shropshire county council in 200102 to date. 
|Nature of funding||200102|
|Telford and Wrekin council|
|Revenue Support Grant||58,840|
|Redistributed Non-Domestic Rates||42,169|
|Housing Annual Capital Guideline||1,070|
|Transport Supplementary Credit Approval||4,913|
|SRBImproving access in Telford||4,000|
|Disabled Facility Grant||200|
|Shropshire county council|
|Rural Bus Service||674|
|Revenue Support Grant||71,105|
|Redistributed Non-Domestic Rates||68,844|
|Transport Supplementary Grant||563|
|Transport Annual Capital Guideline||562|
|Transport Supplementary Credit Approval||12,438|
|AWM Land and PropertyTreflach Quarry Oswestry||176|
|AWM Land and PropertyMontgomery Canal Stage 3a||100,027|
|SRBServices Participation Access Resources Knowledge in Shropshire||104,883|
4 Dec 2001 : Column 276W
|Nature of funding||200001||200102|
|Shropshire county council|
|Rural Bus Challenge Grant||283||n/k|
|Rural Bus Subsidy Grant||635||804|
|Telford and the Wrekin|
|Rural Bus Challenge Grant||184||n/k|
|Rural Bus Subsidy Grant||074||097|
|Urban Bus Challenge||||615|
Mr. Ivan Henderson: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions if he will announce the national non-domestic rates multiplier for 200203; and if he will set out the basis of his calculations of the distributable amount of non-domestic rates for 200203. 
Mr. Raynsford: The non-domestic rate poundage (multiplier) for 200203 will be 43.7 pence. The amount of non-domestic rates in England for 200203 to be redistributed to local authorities will be £16,626 million, although estimated payments into the pool in 200203 will be £15,887 million. The distributable amount includes a surplus brought forward from 200102 of £611 million and an allowance of £128 million for an Exchequer payment to the non-domestic rates pool, to compensate for the shortfall which would otherwise occur as a result of the regulations under section 58 of the Local Government Finance Act 1988 and the transitional relief scheme, announced on 25 November 1999, Official Report, column 700.
|Provisional outturn||Estimated in-year contribution|
|1. Income from local lists|
|(a) Net Transitional Relief||-456||-943||-323||-193|
|(b) Empty Properties||-935||-970||-1,017||-1,087|
|(d) Rural Shops and Post Offices||-2||-2||-2||-5|
|Net Yield after reliefs||12,372||10,732||15,114||15,281|
|(ii) Collection Costs/reductions to contributions|
|(a) Cost of collection||-83||-85||-84||-84|
|(b) Losses on collection||-118||-118||-141||-170|
|(c) City of London offset||-7||-7||-7||-7|
|Total contribution in respect of year||12,165||10,523||14,883||15,021|
|(iii) Repayments/interest payments|
|Net Local Yield||11,670||12,882||14,629||14,722|
|2. Income from Central List|
|Net Central List Yield||1,319||868||1,136||1,155|
|3. Income from Crown List|
|Contribution in Aid|
|Net Crown Yield||332||9||10||10|
|Total NDR Yield||13,321||13,759||15,775||15,887|
|Total Exchequer Contributions||310||415||262||128|
|Total NNDR pool payments (1+2+3+4)||13,631||14,174||16,037||16,015|
|Surplus brought forward||919||939||-290||611|
|Surplus Carried Forward||939||-290||611|||
For 19992000 and 200001 the amounts shown are those recorded in the post end-year (NNDR3) returns. For 200102 the amounts shown are the provisional outturn for the year based mainly upon authorities' provisional contributions to the non-domestic rating pool. For 200203 the estimates are based on:
1. Item 1: The gross calculated rate yield represents the total value of non-domestic hereditaments on local rating lists times the multiplier.
2. Item 1(i)(a): The Transitional decrease adjustment includes the estimated amount of rates that will not be recouped from local list ratepayers under the transitional arrangements made by regulations under section 58 of the Local Government Finance Act 1988 and the transitional relief scheme, announced by written parliamentary question on 25 November 1999, Official Report, column 770W.
3. Item 1(i)(b): The empty property relief adjustments include voids and partially occupied hereditaments. The 200203 figure includes an allowance for the increase in the gross rate yield.
4. Item 1(i)(c): Charitable rate relief. The 200203 figure includes an allowance for the increase in the gross rate yield.
5. Item 1(i)(d): Rural Shops and Post Office relief. Figures include mandatory relief for general stores and post offices under the Local Government and Rating Act 1997. Figures for 200102 onwards includes mandatory relief for petrol filing stations and public houses under the Non-Domestic Rating (Public Houses and Petrol Filling Stations) (England) Order 2001 (SI 2001/1345) and mandatory relief for new enterprises on former agricultural premises under the Rating (Former Agricultural Premises and Rural Shops) Act 2001. The 200203 figure includes an allowance for the increase in the gross rate yield.
6. Item 1(i)(e): Discretionary relief granted to charities, non-profit making organisations and for other reasons including discretionary relief for village shops and post offices under the Local Government and Rating Act 1997. Figures for 200102 onwards include discretionary relief for petrol filing stations and public houses under the Non-Domestic Rating (Public Houses and Petrol Filling Stations) (England) Order 2001 (SI 2001/1345) and discretionary relief for new enterprises on former agricultural premises under the Rating (Former Agricultural Premises and Rural Shops) Act 2001. The 200203 figure includes an allowance for the increase in the gross rate yield.
7. Item 1(ii)(a) and (b): The allowances for the costs and losses incurred by authorities in collecting non-domestic rates from ratepayers.
8. Item 1(ii)(c): City Offsetthe amount which the City of London will not be required to pay into the non-domestic rating pool. It is the amount which will be retained by the City to meet its own expenditure.
9. Item 1(iii): net adjustment in respect of appeals and other amendments to the rating list affecting liability for previous years rates settled in that year.
10. Item 2: the rateable value of non-domestic hereditaments on the central rating list times the multiplier, less the net effect of transitional arrangements, and adjusted for appeals and other changes in respect of previous years.
11. Item 3: the 19992000 figures for crown properties include an allowance for the effect of transitional arrangements. For 200001 and 200102 almost all properties included in the crown list in previous years are included in the local list figures at item 1.
12. Item 4: the contribution from central Government to offset the amount of the Secretary of State's estimate of income forgone as a result of transitional arrangements established by regulations under section 58 of the Local Government Finance Act 1988 and the transitional relief scheme, announced by written parliamentary question on 25 November 1999, Official Report, column 770W.
4 Dec 2001 : Column 279W
|Next Section||Index||Home Page|