|Amendments proposed to the Police Reform Bill [Lords] - continued||House of Commons|
|back to previous text|
Mr James Paice
108Clause 82, page 76, line 34, leave out 'so as to include in it a' and insert 'to take account within the'.
REMAINING NEW CLAUSESRiot damages
NC2To move the following Clause:
'The Riot (Damages) Act 1886 (s. 38) shall cease to take effect.'.
NC5To move the following Clause:
'.(1) The Police Pensions Act 1976 shall cease to have effect from 31st March 2005.
(2) By 31st March 2003, the Secretary of State shall bring forward proposals for debate in both Houses of Parliament for the introduction, by 31st March 2005, of new pension arrangements for police officers, including arrangements to
NC6To move the following Clause:
'.(1) The chief officer of police of a police force maintained for a police area who appoints special constables in accordance with section 27 of the Police Act 1996 shall submit to the police authority for that area a draft scheme relating to the appointment, deployment and progression of such special constables.
(2) A draft scheme submitted under this section shall include the chief officer's proposals for
(4) The chief officer may from time to time submit draft proposals for a revised or modified scheme to the police authority for its approval.'.
Bounty payments to special constables
NC7To move the following Clause:
'.(1) Special constables appointed by a chief officer of a police force in accordance with section 27 of the Police Act 1996 shall receive an annual cash bounty based on the number of hours operationally deployed as a special constable.
(2) Police authorities shall be responsible for the arrangements for making bounty payments to special constables.
(3) Payments to special constables shall be calculated and made by the police authority which is responsible for the special constable.
(4) Payment shall be at the end of the each financial year.'.
EXTRACT FROM THE ORDER OF THE HOUSE [7TH MAY]
Standing Committee3.(1) Proceedings in the Standing Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on Thursday 27th June.
(2) The Standing Committee shall have leave to sit twice on the first day on which it meets.
|©Parliamentary copyright 2002||Prepared 23 May 2002|