|Amendments proposed to the Employment Bill - continued||House of Commons|
|back to previous text|
5Page 34, line 26, leave out Clause 28.
Mr Philip Hammond
43Clause 29, page 35, line 11, leave out sub-paragraph (i).
Mr Philip Hammond
44Clause 29, page 35, line 14, leave out sub-paragraph (ii).
Mr Philip Hammond
45Clause 29, page 35, line 18, at end add 'and any other organisation representing persons appearing to the Secretary of State to be likely to be affected by the order.'.
29Schedule 2, page 57, line 8, after 'writing', insert 'in the form of a statement.'.
30Schedule 2, page 57, line 12, at end insert
'(3) Where the employer contemplates dismissing or taking disciplinary action against the employee for a reason other than redundancy, then the employer must investigate fully before preparing the statement.'.
31Schedule 2, page 59, line 13, at beginning insert 'Notice,'.
47Schedule 2, page 59, line 19, at end add
'(4) The right referred to in section 10 of the Employment Relations Act 1999 to be accompanied by a single companion applies to meetings under this section.'.
46Clause 33, page 37, line 30, at end add
'(4) Nothing in the regulations shall prevent a claim if there are exceptional circumstances which would make preventing a claim to an employment tribunal or preventing a employment tribunal from hearing a claim unjust or inequitable.'.
27Clause 34, page 38, line 5, after 'procedure', insert 'and the dismissal would have been fair apart from this section.'.
49Clause 34, page 38, line 12, leave out 'Chapter 1 of'.
28Clause 34, page 38, line 16, at end insert
48Page 42, line 27, leave out Clause 39.
ORDER OF THE COMMITTEE (6TH DECEMBER 2001)That
(1) during proceedings on the Employment Bill the Standing Committee do meet on Tuesdays at half-past Ten o'clock and at half-past Four o'clock and on Thursdays at half-past Nine o'clock and at half-past Two o'clock, except that on Thursday 6th December 2001 the Committee shall not meet at half-past Two o'clock and on Tuesday 8th January 2002 the Committee shall not meet at half-past Ten o'clock;
(2) the proceedings shall be taken in the following order, namely Clauses 22 to 29, Schedule 2, Clauses 30 and 31, Schedule 3, Clauses 32 to 38, Schedule 4, Clauses 39 to 41, Clauses 1 to 12, Schedule 1, Clauses 13 to 21, Clauses 42 to 48, Schedule 5, Clauses 49 to 51, Schedule 6, Clause 52, Schedule 7, Clause 53, new Clauses and new Schedules relating to requests for flexible working, remaining new Clauses, remaining new Schedules;
(3) the proceedings on Clauses 22 to 29, Schedule 2, Clauses 30 and 31, Schedule 3, Clauses 32 to 38, Schedule 4, Clauses 39 to 41 (so far as not previously concluded) shall be brought to a conclusion at 7 p.m. on Tuesday 18th December 2001;
(4) the proceedings on Clauses 1 to 12, Schedule 1, Clauses 13 to 21 (so far as not previously concluded) shall be brought to a conclusion at 7 p.m. on Tuesday 15th January 2002;
(5) the remaining proceedings on the Bill (so far as not previously concluded) shall be brought to a conclusion at 7 p.m. on Tuesday 22nd January 2002.
EXCERPT FROM ORDER OF THE HOUSE (27TH NOVEMBER 2001)
Proceedings in Standing Committee3. Proceedings in the Standing Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on 22nd January 2002.
4. The Standing Committee shall have leave to sit twice on the first day on which it meets.
|©Parliamentary copyright 2001||Prepared 11 Dec 2001|