Letter to Mr Paul McKinney from the Parliamentary
Commissioner for Standards
Thank you for your letter of 14 February. To try
to ensure I do not need to involve you in interviews I am afraid
I need to ask you for further specific information.
Please would you give me detailed replies to the
1. Were you aware of any of the employment
arrangements for Mr Kevin Reid, Ms Suzanne Hilliard and Mr Chris
Winslow during any of the period April 1998-December 1999? If
so, please give details, others involved, dates etc.
2. Did you have any discussion at any time
with Dr Reid about his offer that Mr Kevin Reid should work on
the Labour Party campaign? If so, please give a detailed account
of the discussions, the dates and any witnesses.
3. Did you at any time participate in or
hear discussions with any people concerning the employment of
any of these three people? If so, please give details.
4. Did you attend a meeting of Labour`s
Scottish Strategy Group at Keir Hardie House, Glasgow, in April
5. If so, were employment arrangements discussed
at any time? If so, please give details of the discussions and
those present who were involved or aware of the discussions.
6. I am informed that you were Kevin Reid`s
line manager for a time. Over what period were you his manager?
7. Which body/bodies were responsible for
his pay during that period?
8. Did he work for you on a full time basis?
9. On average, how many hours did he work
each day as a media monitor?
10. Have you been aware at any time of any person`s
concern about any of these employment arrangements? If so, please
give details of the concerns raised, and by whom.
You may prefer to discuss these matters in the first
instance and if so please would you telephone this office to arrange
a convenient time for a telephone discussion or meeting.
May I thank you in advance for your help.
17 February 2000