Letter to Mr John Rafferty from the Parliamentary
Commissioner for Standards
I am sorry to have to trouble you again but I am
afraid I need to ask you for some more precise answers to questions.
I have now received information which confirms that
Kevin Reid, Chris Winslow and Susan Hilliard worked full time
on the Labour Party campaign for considerable periods during which
they did no work for MPs who were paying them part time from Westminster
1. Please would you confirm this. Please state
for each person over which period you believe this to be the case.
2. When did you receive information that this
was the case and from whom? Who did you report or pass this on
to? Please set out exactly what you said to whom and whether you
3. I understand that the matter was discussed
during a conference call in which you took part. Please would
you confirm this, give details of what was said by whom and your
reaction. Please give the date of this call.
4. After the call to whom did you give this information?
5. I understand that you informed Mr Dewar of
this conversation. Please confirm this and give precise details
of the conversation and its date. What were Mr Dewar`s instructions
to you and what did you then do?
6. Please provide me with any further details
which you have about these events.
Thank you for your assistance.
20 March 2000