Letter to Mr Kevin Reid from the Parliamentary
Commissioner for Standards
Thank you for your statement which I received on
14 February and for providing me with helpful information. I see
you are aware that I am investigating allegations that while you
were employed as Westminster staff, paid by the Fees Office at
the House of Commons, you were deployed on the Labour Party campaign
for the Scottish Parliament election.
I would be grateful to receive the following additional
information from you to assist my enquiries:
1. You say you commenced part time work for the
Labour Party on 25 May 1998. What date in October 1998 did you
commence work full time for the Labour Party?
2. Please let me know the precise dates of your
employment with Dr Reid and whether the hours you were employed
were 20 hours a week throughout the period.
3. You mention Lesley Quinn. Please would you
provide me with a contact address and telephone number.
4. Did you ever work on the Labour Party campaign
during hours you were paid from the Fees Office? If so please
5. During the period April 1998-December 1999
did you ever work full time on the Labour Party campaign?
6. During the campaign how many hours a day on
average did you work for the Labour Party?
7. Any other information which you feel will
give me a complete picture of the arrangements or which adds to
You may prefer to discuss these matters in the first
instance and if so please would you telephone this office to arrange
a convenient time for a telephone discussion or meeting.
May I thank you in advance for your help.
16 February 2000