|Amendments proposed to the Tobacco Advertising And Promotion Bill - continued||House of Commons|
|back to previous text|
Tobacco Promotion Regulatory Authority
Mr Kevin Barron
NC2To move the following Clause:
'.(1) There shall be a body called the Tobacco Promotion Regulatory Authority.
(2) The functions of the Authority shall be
and to advise the appropriate ministers accordingly on the exercise of any relevant functions and duties held by them under this or other Acts.
(3) The functions described in subsection (2)(a) above shall include, in particular, examination of:
(4) The constitution and structure of the Authority, and its powers and those of its duly authorised representatives, shall be as prescribed by order by the Secretary of State.
(5) The Authority shall prepare an annual report on its activities, which the Secretary of State shall lay before Parliament.'.
ORDER OF THE HOUSE (22ND JANUARY 2001)That the following provisions shall apply to the Tobacco Advertising and Promotion Bill
Standing Committee1. The Bill shall be committed to a Standing Committee.
2. Proceedings in the Standing Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on Thursday 8th February 2001.
ORDER OF THE COMMITTEE (30TH JANUARY 2001)That
(1) during proceedings on the Tobacco Advertising and Promotion Bill the Standing Committee do meet on Tuesdays at half-past Ten o'clock and between half-past Four o'clock and Ten o'clock and on Thursdays at Nine o'clock and between half-past Two o'clock and Five o'clock.
(2) the order in which proceedings on the Bill are to be taken shall be Clauses 1 to 9, Clause 18, Clauses 10 to 17, Clauses 19 to 20, new Clauses and new Schedules.
|©Parliamentary copyright 2000||Prepared 6 Feb 2001|