|Amendments proposed to the Homes Bill - continued||House of Commons|
|back to previous text|
New form of short term tenure for councils (short social tenancy)
Mr Archie Norman
NC18*To move the following Clause:
'. In Schedule 1 of the Housing Act 1985 (tenancies which are not secure tenancies), after paragraph 4 there is inserted
"4A. A tenancy is not a secure tenancy provided that
ORDER OF THE HOUSE (8TH JANUARY 2001)That the following provisions shall apply to the Homes Bill:
Standing Committee1. The Bill shall be committed to a Standing Committee.
2. Proceedings in the Standing Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on Thursday 1st February 2001.
3. The Standing Committee shall have leave to sit twice on the first day on which it shall meet.
RESOLUTION OF THE PROGRAMMING SUB-COMMITTEEThe Programming Sub-Committee appointed by the Speaker in respect of the Bill agreed the following resolution at its meeting on Monday 15th January (Sessional Order C relating to Programming):
Draft Resolution of Programming Sub-committeeThat
(1) during proceedings on the Homes Bill, the Standing Committee do meet on Tuesdays at half-past Ten o'clock and at half-past Four o'clock and on Thursdays at a quarter to Ten o'clock and at half-past Two o'clock.
(2) 12 sittings shall be allotted to the consideration of the Bill by the Standing Committee;
(3) the proceedings on the Bill shall be taken in the following order, namely, Clauses 1 to 9, Schedule 1, Clauses 10 to 15, new Clauses and new Schedules relating to Part I, Clauses 16 to 29, Schedules 2 and 3, Clauses 30 to 34, remaining new Clauses and new Schedules;
(4) the proceedings on the Bill shall be brought to a conclusion at the 12th sitting at Five o'clock.
|©Parliamentary copyright 2000||Prepared 23 Jan 2001|