The House met at half-past Nine o'clock.
1 Private Bills,-The Orders of 10th July relating to the Greenham and Crookham Commons Bill being read;
Greenham and Crookham Commons Bill,-A Bill to restore land at and in the vicinity of the Greenham and Crookham Commons as common land open to the public; to make provision for the conservation of the natural beauty of that land; to grant public access over that land in perpetuity and to make provision with respect to that public access; to restore and extend commoners' rights over that land; to constitute the Greenham and Crookham Common Commission for the management of that land; to confer powers on the West Berkshire District Council and on that Commission with respect to that land; and for connected and other purposes, was read the first and second time and committed.
2 Adjournment (Small firms),-A Motion was made, and the Question being proposed, That this House do now adjourn-(Mr Tony McNulty);
The Motion was, with the leave of the House, withdrawn.
3 Adjournment,-Resolved, That this House do now adjourn.-(Mr Tony McNulty.)
And accordingly the House, having continued to sit till eleven minutes to Two o'clock, adjourned till Monday 16th July.
[Adjourned at 1.49 p.m.
Michael J. Martin
Mr Speaker will take the Chair at half-past Two o'clock on Monday next.
Papers presented or laid upon the Table:
Papers subject to Negative Resolution:
1 Financial Services and Markets,-(1) Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Appointed Representatives) (Amendment) Regulations 2001 (S.I., 2001, No. 2508),
(2) Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Consultation with Competent Authorities) Regulations 2001 (S.I., 2001, No. 2509),
(3) Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (EEA Passport Rights) Regulations 2001 (S.I., 2001, No. 2511),
(4) Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Gaming Contracts) Order 2001 (S.I., 2001, No. 2510),
(5) Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Transitional Provisions) (Reviews of Pensions Business) Order 2001 (S.I., 2001, No. 2512), and
(6) Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Variation of Threshold Conditions) Order 2001 (S.I., 2001, No. 2507),
dated 12th July 2001 [by Act] [Ruth Kelly].
2 International Development,-Government Response to the Third Report of the International Development Committee, Session 2000-01, on HIV/AIDS: the impact on social and economic development [by Command] [Cm. 5235] [Secretary Clare Short].
Votes and Proceedings: 13th July 2001 No. 20
No. 20 Votes and Proceedings: 13th July 2001