HOUSE OF LORDS
MINUTES OF PROCEEDINGS
Die Veneris 28° Februarii 2003
The House met at eleven oclock.
PRAYERS were read by the Lord Bishop of Blackburn.
1. Command PaperThe following paper was presented to the House by command of Her Majesty and ordered to lie on the Table:
Departmental PerformanceAutumn Performance Report 2002 for British Trade International. (5711)
2. Affirmative InstrumentThe following instrument was laid before the House for approval by resolution and ordered to lie on the Table:
Draft Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002 (Consequential and Incidental Provisions) Order 2003, laid under the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002, together with an Explanatory Memorandum.
3. Negative InstrumentsThe following instruments were laid before the House and ordered to lie on the Table:
1. Local Authorities (Goods and Services) (Public Bodies) (England) Order 2003, laid under the Local Authorities (Goods and Services) Act 1970; (354)
2. (i) Voluntary Adoption Agencies and the Adoption Agencies (Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2003 (367)
(ii) Local Authority Adoption Service (England) Regulations 2003 (370)
laid under the Adoption Act 1976;
3. National Care Standards Commission (Fees and Frequency of Inspections) (Adoption Agencies) Regulations 2003, laid under the Care Standards Act 2000; (368)
4. Court Funds (Amendment) Rules 2003, laid under the Administration of Justice Act 1982; (375)
5. Education (National Curriculum) (Foundation Stage Early Learning Goals) (England) Order 2003, laid under the Education Act 2002; (391)
6. Nuclear Industries Security Regulations 2003, laid under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974; (403)
7. Criminal Appeal (Confiscation, Restraint and Receivership) Rules 2003, laid under the Supreme Court Act 1981; (428)
8. Financing of Maintained Schools (England) Regulations 2003, laid under the School Standards and Framework Act 1998; (453)
9. Administration of Insolvent Estates of Deceased Persons (Amendment) Order (Northern Ireland) 2003, laid under the Insolvency (Northern Ireland) Order 1989. ()
4. Paper not subject to parliamentary proceedingsThe following paper was laid before the House and ordered to lie on the Table:
Treasury Minute dated 28th February, directing the application of certain amounts as appropriations in aid of the Estimates for 2002-03, laid under the Government Resources and Accounts Act 2000.
5. High Hedges Bill [HL]The report was received; amendments were agreed to; amendments were moved and (by leave of the House) withdrawn; it was ordered that the bill be printed as amended. (HL Bill 38)
6. Road Traffic (Amendment) Bill [HL]It was moved by the Lord Beaumont of Whitley that the bill be now read a second time; after debate, the motion was agreed to and the bill was committed to a Committee of the Whole House.
7. Equality Bill [HL]It was moved by the Lord Lester of Herne Hill that the bill be now read a second time; after debate, the motion was agreed to and the bill was committed to a Committee of the Whole House.
8. Voting Age (Reduction to 16) Bill [HL]The order of commitment was discharged.
The House was adjourned at nine minutes past five oclock
to Monday next, half-past two oclock.