HOUSE OF LORDS
MINUTES OF PROCEEDINGS
Die Jovis 16° Januarii 2003
The House met at eleven oclock.
PRAYERS were read by the Lord Bishop of Oxford.
1. Commissioners of Inland Revenue (Petitioners) v. Trustees of the Sema Group Pension Scheme (Respondents)The petition of the Commissioners of Inland Revenue praying for leave to appeal was presented and referred to an Appeal Committee.
2. Regina v. London Borough of Bromley (Respondents) ex parte Barker (FC) (Appellant)The appeal was set down for hearing and referred to an Appellate Committee.
3. Command PaperThe following paper was presented to the House by command of Her Majesty and ordered to lie on the Table:
Departmental PerformanceAutumn Performance Reports 2002 of the Treasury Solicitors Department and Serious Fraud Office; (5669)
4. Affirmative InstrumentsThe following instruments were laid before the House for approval by resolution and ordered to lie on the Table:
1. Draft Planning (Amendment) (Northern Ireland) Order 2003, together with an Explanatory Memorandum;
2. Draft Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (Investigations in England, Wales and Northern Ireland: Code of Practice) Order 2003, together with an Explanatory Memorandum;
3. Draft Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (Disclosure of Information) Order 2003, together with an Explanatory Memorandum;
4. Draft Proceeds Crime Act 2002 (Exemptions from Civil Recovery) Order 2003, together with an Explanatory Memorandum.
5. Negative InstrumentThe following instrument was laid before the House and ordered to lie on the Table:
Supply of Beer (Loan Ties, Licensed Premises and Wholesale Prices) (Revocation) Order 2003, laid under the Fair Trading Act 1973. (52)
6. Papers not subject to parliamentary proceedingsThe following papers were laid before the House and ordered to lie on the Table:
1. Security and Emergency Measures at Milngavie (Scotland) Direction 2003, laid under the Water Industry (Scotland) Act 2002;
2. Draft Code of Practice issued under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, laid under that Act;
3. Amendment List 6 to Air Publication 3394: The Royal Air Force Aeromedical Evacuation Service, laid under the Air Force (Constitution) Act 1917;
4. Report and Accounts for 2001-02 of the Exchange Equalisation Account, laid under the Exchange Equalisation Act 1979.
Select Committee Report
7. Constitution CommitteeThe 3rd Report from the Select Committee, on the Courts Bill, was made and ordered to be printed. (HL Paper 38)
8. London Development Agency BillThe bill was reported from the Unopposed Bill Committee without amendment.
9. Licensing Bill [HL]The House again resolved itself into a Committee upon the bill; amendments were moved and (by leave of the Committee) withdrawn; the House was resumed.
The House was adjourned during pleasure.
The House was resumed.
10. Community Care (Delayed Discharges etc.) BillA bill to make provision requiring social services authorities to make payments in cases where the discharge of patients is delayed for reasons relating to the provision of community care services or services for carers; and to enable the Secretary of State and the National Assembly for Wales to require certain community care services and services for carers provided by social services authorities to be free of charge to persons receiving those services was brought from the Commons, read a first time and ordered to be printed. (HL Bill 38)
11. Community Care (Delayed Discharges etc.) BillIt was ordered that the Explanatory Notes relating to the bill be printed. (HL Bill 20-EN)
12. Licensing Bill [HL]The House again resolved itself into a Committee upon the bill; amendments were moved and (by leave of the Committee) withdrawn; an amendment was agreed to; the House was resumed after clause 156 stood part.
The House was adjourned at one minute past eight oclock
to Monday next, half-past two oclock.