(1) The preceding provisions of this Act shall come into force on such day as the
Treasury may by order appoint, and different days may be so appointed for
(2) An order under this section shall be made by statutory instrument and may
contain such transitional provisions as appear to the Treasury to be necessary
8 Channel Islands
(1) Her Majesty may by Order in Council direct that any provision of this Act or
any instrument made under or by virtue of it shall extend, with such
modifications (if any) as may be specified in the Order, to any of the Channel
(2) An Order in Council under this section may contain such transitional,
incidental or supplementary provision as appears to Her Majesty to be
necessary or expedient.
9 Short title and extent
(1) This Act may be cited as the Co-operatives and Community Benefit Societies
Act 2003 and this Act and the Industrial and Provident Societies Acts 1965 to
2002 may be cited together as the Industrial and Provident Societies Acts 1965
(2) Section 5(8) extends to England and Wales only.
(3) This Act does not extend to Northern Ireland.