HOUSE OF LORDS
MINUTES OF PROCEEDINGS
Die Jovis 9° Novembris 2000
The House met at three oclock.
PRAYERS were read by the Lord Bishop of Wakefield.
1. Tierney (Petitioner) v. Crown Estate Commissioners (Respondents)The petition of Agnes Anita Tierney praying for leave to appeal notwithstanding that the time limited by Standing Order II has expired was presented and referred to an Appeal Committee.
2. McGrath (Respondent) v. Chief Constable of the Royal Ulster Constabulary and another (Appellants) (Northern Ireland)The appeal was set down for hearing and referred to an Appellate Committee.
3. Cantwell (Respondent) v. Criminal Injuries Compensation Board (Appellants) (Scotland)The petition of the appellants praying that the time for lodging the statement and appendix and setting down the cause for hearing might be extended to 22nd December next (the agents for the respondent consenting thereto) was presented; and it was ordered as prayed.
4. Command PapersThe following papers were presented to the House by command of Her Majesty and ordered to lie on the Table:
(i) The Pension Credit: Government Consultation Paper; (4900)
(ii) Report by the Government Actuary on the Cost of Uprating the Basic Retirement Pension in Line with the General Level of Earnings; (4920)
2. SportFinancial Statements for 1999-2000 of the United Kingdom Sport Council. ()
5. Negative InstrumentThe following instrument was laid before the House and ordered to lie on the Table:
Telecommunications (Licence Modifications) (Amendment No. 2) Regulations 2000, laid under the European Communities Act 1972. (2998)
6. Papers not subject to parliamentary proceedingsThe following papers were laid before the House and ordered to lie on the Table:
1. Account for 1998-99 of Salford and Trafford Education Action Zone Account, laid under the School Standards and Framework Act 1998;
2. (i) Designation of Officers (Royal Air Force) (Reduction in Rank) Regulations 2000; ()
(ii) Amendment List 2 to Air Publication 3392, Volume 7 (First Edition);
laid under the Air Force (Constitution) Act 1917;
3. Change 7 to BR 64 of the Regulations for the Naval and Marine Reserves, laid under the Reserve Forces Act 1996;
4. Resource Accounts for 1999-2000 of the Intervention Board Executive Agency, laid under the Exchequer and Audit Departments Act 1921.
Select Committee Report
7. Science and TechnologyIt was ordered that the oral evidence on Complementary and Alternative Medicine, together with the written evidence received after 1st February 2000, be printed. (HL Paper 118)
8. City of London (Ward Elections) BillIt was moved by the Chairman of Committees that this House do agree with the orders made by the Commons set out in their message of 2nd November; the motion was agreed to; it was ordered that a message be sent to the Commons to acquaint them therewith.
9. Greenham and Crookham Commons BillIt was moved by the Chairman of Committees that this House do agree with the orders made by the Commons set out in their message of 6th November; the motion was agreed to; it was ordered that a message be sent to the Commons to acquaint them therewith.
10. Transport BillThe Queens consent was signified; the bill was read a third time; amendments were moved and (by leave of the House) withdrawn; amendments were disagreed to (see division lists 1 and 2); amendments were agreed to; then the bill was passed and returned to the Commons with amendments.
The House was adjourned at twenty-one minutes past eight oclock
to Monday next, half-past two oclock.