HOUSE OF LORDS
MINUTES OF PROCEEDINGS
Die Veneris 16° Junii 2000
The House met at eleven oclock.
PRAYERS were read by the Lord Bishop of Birmingham.
1. Life Peerages (Appointments Commission) Bill [HL]The House resolved itself into a Committee upon the bill; the House was resumed and the bill was reported without amendment; the report was received.
2. Suspension of Hospital Medical Practitioners Bill [HL]The report was received.
3. European Union Charter of Fundamental Rights (EUC Report)It was moved by the Lord Hope of Craighead that this House takes note of the Report of the European Union Committee on the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights (8th Report, HL Paper 67); after debate, the motion was agreed to.
4. Countryside and Rights of Way BillA bill to make new provision for public access to the countryside; to amend the law relating to public rights of way; to enable traffic regulation orders to be made for the purpose of conserving an areas natural beauty; to make provision with respect to the driving of mechanically propelled vehicles elsewhere than on roads; to amend the law relating to nature conservation and the protection of wildlife; and for connected purposes was brought from the Commons, read a first time and ordered to be printed. (HL Bill 86)
5. Countryside and Rights of Way BillIt was ordered that the Explanatory Notes relating to the bill be printed. (HL Bill 86-EN)
The House was adjourned at a quarter-past three oclock
to Monday next, half-past two oclock.