Memorandum from the Department for Education
2002 (S.I. 2002/1458)
1. The Committee requested a memorandum on the following
(1) Should all the references in this instrument
to Schedule 6 to the 1995 Act be to Schedule 4?
(2) Regulation 7 appears to have been made in
exercise of the power conferred by paragraph 14 of Schedule 4
to the 1995 Act. Why is this provision not cited in the preamble,
as required by paragraph 2.23 of Statutory Instrument Practice?
2. Yes they should. Schedule 4 to the 1995 Act is
amended by Schedule 6 to the Special Educational Needs and Disability
Act 2001 which led to this slip. The S.I. will be promptly re-made.
3. Regulation 7 is made in exercise of the power
conferred in paragraph 14 of Schedule 4 and should have been cited.
1 July 2002