Memorandum by the Department
1998 (S.I. 1998/2972)
1. By a letter from its Clerk dated
13th January 1999 the Committee has requested the Department to
submit a Memorandum on the following points
2. The premises that are intended
to be provided and managed pursuant to section 5(1)(b), by virtue
of the new sub-paragraph 3(2)(b), are "Hilton
Road site, Stoke-on-Trent".
3. The premises intended to be referred
to by the word "there"
are, again, the premises at Hilton Road, Stoke-on-Trent.
4. Unfortunately, the words "and
were inserted in error in the version of the draft Order signed
by the Minister
the intention having been to insert the words "land
5. The Department regrets that the
amended proofs became confused when the draft Order was prepared
for signing and undertakes to issue a corrective Order, free of
18th January 1999