BBSRC Strategic Objectives 2003-08
1. Excellent science: to prioritise
and deliver world-class science in the non-clinical biosciences*.
2. Tools and technologies: to develop
the basic tools, resources and new technologies to further understanding
of the biosciences.
3. People: to invest in people to
provide a motivated scientific community trained in relevant skills
to meet national needs.
4. Knowledge Transfer (KT): to promote
innovation and KT from BBSRC-funded science and training for the
economic and social benefit of the UK.
5. Partnerships: to seek new and
stronger partnerships with a range of other funders and stakeholders,
national and international, where there is benefit to the science
base. Engage the public in awareness and dialogue about BBSRC
6. Effective Organisation: to utilise
resources effectively and responsibly to maximise funding for
* Extensive consultation identified four priorities:
a core of Integrative Biology supporting three interacting areas
of Sustainable Agriculture; The Healthy Organism and Bioscience