SIXTH SPECIAL REPORT
The Science and Technology Committee has
agreed to the following Special Report:
SCIENCE EDUCATION FROM 14 TO 19: GOVERNMENT
RESPONSE TO THE COMMITTEE'S THIRD REPORT OF SESSION 2001-02
1. The Science and Technology Committee reported
to the House on Science Education from 14 to 19 in its Third Report
of Session 2001-02, published on 11 July 2002 as HC 508-I.
2. The Government's response to the Committee's Report
was received on 4 September 2002 in the form of a memorandum to
the Committee. It is reproduced as Appendix 1 to this Special
3. On 2 October 2002, a response was received from
the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority. This is reproduced
as Appendix 2 to this Special Report.
4. On 30 September 2002 a response was received from
the Joint Council for General Qualifications. This is reproduced
as Appendix 3 to this Special Report.
5. We publish these responses without comment, so
that they are publicly available without delay. We intend to ask
the Schools Standards Minister to give evidence on the Government
Reply, which we find unsatisfactory.