House of Commons portcullis
House of Commons
Session 2001-02
Publications on the internet
The Order Book

Part 1: Written Questions for Answer on Tuesday 4 December 2001

Here you can browse the Written Questions for answer on Tuesday 4 December, of which previous notice has been given in the Notices of Questions paper. They are arranged in alphabetical order of answering Department.

Notes:
* Indicates a Question for Oral Answer.
+ Indicates a Question not included in the random selection process but accepted because the quota for that day had not been filled.
[N] Indicates a Question for Written Answer on a named day, i.e. the Member has indicated under S.O. No. 22(4) the day on which he wishes the Question to be answered.
[R] Indicates that a relevant interest has been declared.
 


 
TUESDAY 4th DECEMBER
1  
N  
Mr Mark Lazarowicz (Edinburgh North & Leith):    To ask the Advocate General, what assessment she has made of the implications for her Department of the conclusions of the Jandoo Report.
(17515)
2  
N  
Mr James Clappison (Hertsmere):    To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office, pursuant to his Answer to the honourable Member for Chatham and Aylesford of 28th November, Official Report, column 901W, what proportion the New Deal starts in each Government department were of the total number of employees recruited by the Department over the relevant period; and how many of the New Deal starts were followed by sustained unsubsidised employment.
(20702)
3  
N  
Mr Mark Oaten (Winchester):    To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office, pursuant to his Answer of 16th November, Official Report, column 896W, on the People's Panel, if he will list (a) the title, purpose and cost of projects that have been commissioned from the Panel between 1st November and the latest date for which figures are available and (b) ongoing projects being carried out by the Panel in the same period.
(20385)
4  
N  
Derek Wyatt (Sittingbourne & Sheppey):    To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office, if he will rank Government departments in respect of their performance in meeting e-commerce targets; and if he will make a statement.
(17396)
5  
N  
Derek Wyatt (Sittingbourne & Sheppey):    To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, if she will publish the constituency deprivation criteria for bids to the New Opportunities Fund for Sport bids; and if she will make a statement.
(20541)
6  
  
Mr Lindsay Hoyle (Chorley):    To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what policy the Defence Procurement Agency adopts on supporting British manufacturing when purchasing vehicles.
(20881)
7  
  
Mr Lindsay Hoyle (Chorley):    To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what assessment he has made of the financial benefits of bulk purchasing vehicles of one particular model for the MoD police.
(20882)
8  
N  
Miss Julie Kirkbride (Bromsgrove):    To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what discussions have taken place between his Department and the Spanish Government over the (a) joint use and (b) joint decision-making of the (i) naval base and (ii) RAF base at Gibraltar.
(20440)
9  
  
Syd Rapson (Portsmouth North):    To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, pursuant to his Answer of 29 November, Official Report, column 1055W, on Gibraltar, if he will initiate discussions to permit the overflight of Spanish airspace by UK military aircraft.
(20776)
10  
  
Syd Rapson (Portsmouth North):    To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what was the cost (a) per flight on average and (b) on an annual basis since 1977 of the fuel consumption caused by military aircraft having to avoid Spanish airspace.
(20775)
11  
  
Angus Robertson (Moray):    To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what assessment of key point defence he has made since 11th September; what the outcome was (a) in Scotland and (b) in the rest of the UK; and what assessment he has made of the resources available in the UK to guard key points in the event of an emergency.
(20887)
12  
  
Angus Robertson (Moray):    To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what assessment he has made of the adequacy of volunteer reserves in Scotland to undertake key point defence.
(20888)
13  
  
Angus Robertson (Moray):    To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what review he has made of the need for home defence since the events of 11th September.
(20889)
14  
  
Angus Robertson (Moray):    To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what his policy is on the dispersal of (a) brigade and (b) divisional permanent headquarters.
(20886)
15  
  
Angus Robertson (Moray):    To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, when an announcement will be made concerning the relocation of 51 Brigade headquarters.
(20885)
16  
N  
Mr David Chaytor (Bury North):    To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills, how many and what percentage of the total of specialist schools have chosen to exercise the option to select up to 10 per cent. of pupils by aptitude for each of the last three years.
(20690)
17  
N  
Mr David Chaytor (Bury North):    To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills, if she will list each specialist school as at 1st September that had chosen to exercise the option to select up to 10 per cent. of pupils by aptitude together with (a) the nature of the specialism, (b) the status of the school, (c) the percentage pupils selected, (d) the percentage of pupils with statements and (e) the percentage of pupils receiving free school meals.
(20689)
18  
N  
Mr David Chidgey (Eastleigh):    To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills, what change in funding (a) sixth form colleges and (b) further education colleges in England would receive for 16 to 19 year old provision if funded at the level of sixth forms in schools.
(20743)
19  
N  
Mr David Chidgey (Eastleigh):    To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills, what recent assessment he has made of the impact of house prices on the recruitment and retention of further education college staff in the South East of England.
(20742)
20  
N  
Mr David Chidgey (Eastleigh):    To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills, if he will list the different accounting headings under which further education colleges in England must apply for standard fund grants, (a) immediately before and (b) after the establishment of the learning and skills council.
(20694)
21  
N  
Mr David Chidgey (Eastleigh):    To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills, how much VAT was paid by further education colleges in England in each year from 1995-96.
(20740)
22  
N  
Mr David Chidgey (Eastleigh):    To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills, if he will make a statement on the results of pilot studies into financial support for further education college students in England.
(20741)
23  
N  
Mr David Chidgey (Eastleigh):    To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills, to whom members of local learning and skills councils are accountable; and how.
(20695)
24  
N  
Mr David Chidgey (Eastleigh):    To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills, what core funding was awarded each year to further education colleges in England from 1995-96, adjusted for inflation.
(20692)
25  
N  
Mr David Chidgey (Eastleigh):    To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills, what funding was allocated to further education colleges in England from 1995-96, adjusted for inflation.
(20693)
26  
N  
Mr Christopher Chope (Christchurch):    To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills, how many people were employed in the Individual Learning Account Centre on 23rd November; how many are employed; and whether the closure of the programme will result in redundancies in her Department.
(20681)
27  
N  
Mr Christopher Chope (Christchurch):    To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills, pursuant to her oral statement of 6th November, Official Report, column 128, what arrangements she has made to enable people who already hold learning accounts to use them.
(20676)
28  
N  
Mr Christopher Chope (Christchurch):    To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills, what compensation is being offered to holders of individual learning accounts who had intended to use them on or before 7th December 2001 but had not used them by 23rd November.
(20683)
29  
N  
Mr Christopher Chope (Christchurch):    To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills, how many letters were sent out to holders of individual learning accounts to advise them that the accounts must be used on or before 7th December; and what warning was given to the recipients of the letters that the date, 7th December, had been changed to 23rd November.
(20684)
30  
N  
Mr Christopher Chope (Christchurch):    To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills, what is her estimate of the number of holders of individual learning accounts who had not used them by 23rd November; and what arrangements are being made to enable these accounts to be used.
(20679)
31  
N  
Mr Christopher Chope (Christchurch):    To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills, what financial advice is being provided by her Department to firms which firms have suffered loss as a result of the closure of the Individual Learning Account programme.
(20680)
32  
N  
Mr Christopher Chope (Christchurch):    To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills, under what powers she shut down the individual learning account programme on 23rd November without notice to individual learning account (a) holders and (b) providers.
(20678)
33  
  
Chris Grayling (Epsom & Ewell):    To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills, if she will make a statement on the right of honourable Members to make representations to the Office of the Schools Adjudicator about constituency issues.
(20773)
34  
  
Mr Phil Willis (Harrogate & Knaresborough):    To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills, when she will answer the Question tabled by the honourable Member for Harrogate and Knaresborough on 18th October, Ref 73.
(20827)
35  
  
Mr Phil Willis (Harrogate & Knaresborough):    To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills, which regulations cover schools which specialise in teaching English as a foreign language.
(20834)
36  
  
Mr Phil Willis (Harrogate & Knaresborough):    To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills, what is the total spent by her Department on central (a) advertising and marketing and (b) administration of education action zones; and what each of these amounts are as a proportion of total departmental expenditure on education action zones.
(20829)
37  
  
Mr Phil Willis (Harrogate & Knaresborough):    To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills, what is the estimated final cost to her Department of ending the education action zone scheme; and if she will make a statement.
(20830)
38  
N  
Mr Shaun Woodward (St Helens South):    To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills, what the budget is for the Children and Young Persons' Unit for (a) 2001 and (b) 2002.
(19562)
39  
N  
Mr Peter Ainsworth (East Surrey):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what recent representations she has received from the UK Rural Business Campaign concerning the level of compensation available to rural businesses affected by foot and mouth disease; and if she will make a statement.
(20662)
40  
N  
Mr Peter Ainsworth (East Surrey):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what discussions she has had with her EU counterparts regarding the revocation of licences for the use of (a) carbofuran and (b) chlorfenvinphos; and if she will make a statement.
(20663)
41  
N  
Mr Peter Ainsworth (East Surrey):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what is the value of payments due to farmers which have been delayed by industrial action in her Department; and what was the value on the last day of each month since May.
(20665)
42  
N  
Mr Peter Ainsworth (East Surrey):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, pursuant to her Answer of 28th November (Ref 17635), on strike action, how many staff have been engaged in industrial action; and in which divisions of her Department.
(20685)
43  
N  
Mr Peter Ainsworth (East Surrey):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what estimate she has made of the economic impact on brassica growers of the revocation of licences to use (a) carbofuran and (b) chlorfenvinphos.
(20664)
44  
  
Mrs Annette L. Brooke (Mid Dorset & North Poole):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, pursuant to the Answer of 28th November of the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, Official Report, column 993W, on refrigerators, what progress has been made in publishing guidance for (a) retail outlets who previously have collected old refrigerators when supplying new refrigerators to customers and (b) small retail businesses who have previously collected old refrigerators from large retail outlets and then sold them as secondhand items.
(20746)
45  
N  
Malcolm Bruce (Gordon):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, pursuant to her Answers of 27th November, Official Report, column 850W, on veterinary medicines, for what reasons the minutes of the Advisory Group on Veterinary Medicines are considered confidential.
(20701)
46  
  
Mr Colin Challen (Morley & Rothwell):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what steps she is taking to encourage biodiversity in British agriculture.
(20751)
47  
N  
Mr David Chaytor (Bury North):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, pursuant to her Answer of 2nd July, Official Report, column 46W, on trade effluent, if she will answer these questions.
(20691)
48  
  
Miss Anne McIntosh (Vale of York):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, pursuant to her oral statement of 12th November, Official Report, column 578, on what basis she stated the number of local appeals which were lodged against the contiguous cull in the Thirsk blue box.
(20822)
49  
  
Miss Anne McIntosh (Vale of York):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what measures she will take to compensate farmers whose pigs have been infected by Post Weaning Multisystemic Wasting Syndrome.
(20780)
50  
  
Miss Anne McIntosh (Vale of York):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what measures she has taken to tighten security at (a) airports and (b) sea ports to ensure that illegal meat is not smuggled into the UK.
(20778)
51  
  
Miss Anne McIntosh (Vale of York):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, how much infected meat has been imported into the UK from countries where foot and mouth disease is endemic since 1st February.
(20777)
52  
  
Miss Anne McIntosh (Vale of York):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, if she will ensure (a) that the Animal Health Bill will not impose a regulatory burden on the farming community and (b) that there will be a more rapid response to future outbreaks of foot and mouth disease.
(20825)
53  
  
Miss Anne McIntosh (Vale of York):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, if she will instruct her Department's offices in Leeds to involve (a) local practising veterinarians and (b) other organisations with local knowledge to help eradicate foot and mouth disease.
(20823)
54  
  
Miss Anne McIntosh (Vale of York):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what assessment she has made of the effectiveness of the lines of communication between her Department and the farming community in Thirsk during the foot and mouth outbreak.
(20826)
55  
  
Miss Anne McIntosh (Vale of York):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what measures she has taken to create a properly funded single regulatory body to apply best international practice at UK sea and air ports to protect humans and animals from smuggled contaminated meats.
(20779)
56  
N  
Mr Owen Paterson (North Shropshire):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, how many employees of livestock markets have been made redundant since their closure under foot and mouth regulations.
(19738)
57  
N  
Mr Owen Paterson (North Shropshire):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what is the legal basis for the current closure of livestock markets; and when that legal basis has to be reviewed.
(19739)
58  
N  
Mr Owen Paterson (North Shropshire):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, if she will list the conditions which need to be fulfilled to allow the reopening of livestock markets.
(19740)
59  
N  
Mr Owen Paterson (North Shropshire):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what estimate she has made of loss in (a) turnover and (b) tax revenue caused by the closure of livestock markets.
(19741)
60  
N  
Mr Owen Paterson (North Shropshire):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, when she expects that livestock markets will be reopened.
(19742)
61  
  
Andrew Rosindell (Romford):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what measures she is taking to promote the viability of the British sugar beet industry.
(20754)
62  
  
Andrew Rosindell (Romford):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, if she will make a statement on the Government's fisheries policies, and in particular on the Common Fisheries Policy of the EU.
(20752)
63  
  
Andrew Rosindell (Romford):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, if she will make a statement on the reform of international trade in agricultural products.
(20753)
64  
  
Mr Jonathan Sayeed (Mid Bedfordshire):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, which body carried out the 1997 study into dioxin levels in ash from the Edmonton incinerator.
(20760)
65  
  
Mr Jonathan Sayeed (Mid Bedfordshire):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what assessment she has made of (a) the Environment Agency figures released by her Department on the levels of dioxins in ash from the Edmonton incinerator and (b) the levels as measured by an independent body.
(20763)
66  
  
Mr Jonathan Sayeed (Mid Bedfordshire):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, if (a) her Department and (b) the Environment Agency advised Tarmac that it was safe for them to use fly ash from the Edmonton incinerator.
(20764)
67  
  
Mr Jonathan Sayeed (Mid Bedfordshire):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what was the basis on which the 1997 analysis of ash from Edmonton showed dioxin levels close to background levels.
(20761)
68  
  
Mr Jonathan Sayeed (Mid Bedfordshire):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what action is being taken by her Department to compensate the workers at Dagenham for damage to their health from the inhalation of dioxins from recycled ash.
(20762)
69  
  
Mr Jonathan Sayeed (Mid Bedfordshire):    To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what assessment her Department has made of the effect of inhaling the level of dioxins found in fly ash at Edmonton.
(20759)
70  
N  
Norman Baker (Lewes):    To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, how many firearms intended for illegal importation were seized by HM Customs and Excise in each year since 1990.
(20539)
71  
N  
Mr John Bercow (Buckingham):    To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what information he has collated on the (a) pump price and (b) levels of tax and duty of unleaded petrol and diesel in each EU country.
(20552)
72  
  
Mr Jim Cousins (Newcastle upon Tyne Central):    To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, if he will place in the Library his response to queries from the European Commission about regulation of Lloyd's in accordance with Directive 73/239.
(20900)
73  
  
Chris Grayling (Epsom & Ewell):    To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what assessment he has made of the amount of money that would be raised by abolishing the upper earnings limit on national insurance contributions.
(20772)
74  
  
Mr Charles Hendry (Wealden):    To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what is the balance of trade in (a) food products and (b) meat products for the last 12 months for which figures are available.
(20774)
75  
  
Mr Mark Lazarowicz (Edinburgh North & Leith):    To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, if he will regulate the fees by mortgage lenders to customers who choose (a) alternative provision for their building insurance when they take out a mortgage and (b) to switch providers for building insurance at a later stage.
(20835)
76  
N  
Mr Mark Oaten (Winchester):    To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, pursuant to his Answer of 31st October, Official Report, columns 741-2W, on records kept under Clause 9 of the Code of Conduct for Special Advisers, if he will list the internal purposes to which he referred.
(20383)
77  
N  
Sir Teddy Taylor (Rochford & Southend East):    To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, if he will place a list in the Library of the wards which are to qualify for the exemption from stamp duty up to £150,000; and if he will make a statement explaining the basis of selection.
(19989)
78  
N  
Sir Teddy Taylor (Rochford & Southend East):    To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, for what reason the (a) Milton, (b) St Lukes and (c) Victoria wards in Southend on Sea did not qualify for the exemption from stamp duty announced on 27th November.
(19990)
79  
  
Paul Farrelly (Newcastle-under-Lyme):    To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what representations the Government has made to the Colombian Government asking them (a) to bring to justice those involved in the death of Mr Jeremy Parks and (b) to establish the facts behind his death.
(20755)
80  
  
Mr Lindsay Hoyle (Chorley):    To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what discussions his Department has had with Andorran (a) parliamentarians and (b) officials in the last three years.
(20878)
81  
  
Mr Gerald Kaufman (Manchester, Gorton):    To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what assessment he has made of how many Israelis have been killed by terrorist attacks in the nine months from 7th March; and how many were killed in such attacks in the nine months preceding that date.
(20767)
82  
N  
Miss Julie Kirkbride (Bromsgrove):    To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what role he played in arranging the meeting between Spanish officials and the First Minister of Gibraltar in Madrid; and if he will make a statement on these discussions.
(20441)
83  
N  
Andrew Mackinlay (Thurrock):    To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, if he will make a statement on his proposals to consult the people of Gibraltar consequent on the completion of negotiations between Spain and the United Kingdom in relation to the terms whereby the consultative process shall be concluded by a referendum.
(20537)
84  
  
Mr Kevin McNamara (Kingston upon Hull North):    To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what representations he has made to the State of Georgia, USA, regarding the proposed execution of Tracey Housel; and if he will make a statement.
(20855)
85  
  
Angus Robertson (Moray):    To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what representations he has made to the Government of Azerbaijan on journalists' freedom.
(20884)
86  
  
Angus Robertson (Moray):    To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what representations he has made to the Government of Azerbaijan on its compliance with the founding principles of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe.
(20883)
87  
N  
Mrs Annette L. Brooke (Mid Dorset & North Poole):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what steps he is taking to ensure that Gutkha style products carry a health warning as required by the Tobacco Products Labelling (Safety) Amendment Regulations 1993.
(19991)
88  
N  
Mrs Annette L. Brooke (Mid Dorset & North Poole):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many endometriosis patients received laser treatment at Princess Anne's Hospital, Southampton during the data years (a) 1999-2000, (b) 1998-1999 and (c) 1997-1998.
(19994)
89  
  
Mrs Annette L. Brooke (Mid Dorset & North Poole):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, when he will reply to the Questions from the honourable Member for Mid Dorset and North Poole tabled on 14th November, (ref 15786 and 15787).
(20745)
90  
N  
Mrs Annette L. Brooke (Mid Dorset & North Poole):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many endometriosis patients from Dorset were referred out of county for laser treatment during the data years (a) 1998-99 and (b) 1997-98.
(19992)
91  
N  
Mr Simon Burns (West Chelmsford):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if he will make a statement on the reasons underlying the decision (a) not to enhance gynaecological cancer surgery at St John's Hospital Chelmsford and (b) to transfer the service to Ipswich Hospital.
(20290)
92  
N  
Mr Simon Burns (West Chelmsford):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what procedures are available to (a) contest and (b) appeal the decision by the Mid-Anglia Cancer Network NHS to move gynaecological cancer surgery for women in Mid-Essex from St John's Hospital, Chelmsford, to Ipswich Hospital, Suffolk.
(20205)
93  
N  
Mr Paul Burstow (Sutton & Cheam):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if he will establish a volunteers' charter to address the rights of volunteers.
(20346)
94  
N  
Mr Paul Burstow (Sutton & Cheam):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if he will take steps to change the titles of care and support services staff to personal care assistants or community care workers; and if he will make a statement on the promotion of their role.
(20348)
95  
N  
Mr Paul Burstow (Sutton & Cheam):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what action he intends to take to improve care and support services provision in accordance with the recent report of the King's Fund 'Future Imperfect'.
(20347)
96  
N  
Mr Paul Burstow (Sutton & Cheam):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what plans he has to improve the management and training of care and support workers following the King's Fund report 'Future Imperfect'.
(20345)
97  
  
Mr Andrew Dismore (Hendon):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how much has been recovered from insurance companies in respect of repayment of health care costs of road accident victims in each year since the commencement of the recoupment scheme.
(20847)
98  
  
Mr Andrew Dismore (Hendon):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what assessment he has made of the cost of health care of accident victims other than road accidents in circumstances where the accident is likely to be covered by third party insurance.
(20850)
99  
  
Mr Andrew Dismore (Hendon):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what plans he has (a) to review the maximum charges recoverable from drivers in respect of road accident victims and (b) to extend the scheme to other types of accident; and if he will make a statement.
(20851)
100  
  
Mr Andrew Dismore (Hendon):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what assessment he has made of the cost of hospital health care of road accident victims since the recoupment scheme commenced.
(20849)
101  
  
Clive Efford (Eltham):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if he will list the waiting times for cataract operations in each of the last 10 years for each NHS trust from (a) referral from GP to first consultation and (b) referral from GP to surgery; and if he will make a statement.
(20853)
102  
  
Clive Efford (Eltham):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many patients diagnosed as suffering from cataracts in each of the last 10 years in each NHS trust (a) have undergone and (b) are awaiting surgery.
(20854)
103  
N  
Mrs Louise Ellman (Liverpool, Riverside):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, pursuant to his Answer of 28th November, which single North West regional centre for cleft lip and palate services the clinical implementation group recommended to Ministers in accordance with the Clinical Standards Advisory group standards.
(20411)
104  
  
Dr Liam Fox (Woodspring):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what proportion of general practitioners work under Personal Medical Services; and what the intended proportion is by April 2002.
(20865)
105  
  
Dr Liam Fox (Woodspring):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many Patient Advocacy and Liaison Services are in operation; and where they are.
(20857)
106  
  
Dr Liam Fox (Woodspring):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what assessment he has made of the level of capacity required before the development of a National Service Framework for Diabetes.
(20858)
107  
  
Dr Liam Fox (Woodspring):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what the average delay for patients with delayed discharges has been in each quarter since 1996.
(20862)
108  
  
Dr Liam Fox (Woodspring):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many and what proportion of patients in each health authority on in-patient waiting lists have been waiting for over 15 months.
(20863)
109  
  
Dr Liam Fox (Woodspring):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many patients' forums he expects to be created under the NHS Reform Bill.
(20894)
110  
  
Dr Liam Fox (Woodspring):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many and what proportion of patients in each health authority on in-patient waiting lists have been waiting for over six months.
(20859)
111  
  
Dr Liam Fox (Woodspring):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many strategic health authorities he expects to create under the NHS Reform Bill.
(20897)
112  
  
Dr Liam Fox (Woodspring):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what was the level of emergency readmissions of elderly patients for each quarter of the last five years.
(20866)
113  
  
Dr Liam Fox (Woodspring):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many primary care trusts he expects to create under the NHS Reform Bill.
(20896)
114  
  
Dr Liam Fox (Woodspring):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what measurements of capacity he used when deciding on the feasibility of introducing a renal national service framework.
(20864)
115  
  
Dr Liam Fox (Woodspring):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many NHS patients were treated in the private sector for each quarter of the last two years.
(20861)
116  
  
Dr Liam Fox (Woodspring):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if he will publish the most recent review of the prescription system that he has carried out.
(20860)
117  
  
Sandra Gidley (Romsey):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what measures his Department has taken to combat stigma in HIV (a) transmission and (b) illness.
(20788)
118  
  
Sandra Gidley (Romsey):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if he will make a statement on the reduction in dispensing fees paid to community pharmacists.
[R] (20787)
119  
  
Sandra Gidley (Romsey):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what plans he has to amend arrangements for Original Pack Dispensing to bring England into line with the 1994 EU Directive.
[R] (20786)
120  
  
Dr Evan Harris (Oxford West & Abingdon):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many assaults there have been on (a) ambulance staff/paramedics and (b) clinical staff in accident and emergency departments in hospitals in each year since 1997
(20832)
121  
  
Dr Evan Harris (Oxford West & Abingdon):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what plans he has to evaluate the pilot of body armour being conducted by the London Ambulance Service.
(20833)
122  
  
Lynne Jones (Birmingham, Selly Oak):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, pursuant to his Answer of 28th November, Official Report, column 978W, on transsexual people, if he will make it his policy to issue guidance on the provision of health care for transsexual people, including care for conditions other than that of transsexualism.
(20846)
123  
  
Lynne Jones (Birmingham, Selly Oak):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, pursuant to his Answer of 28th November, Official Report, column 978W, on transsexual people, if he will make it his policy to issue guidance on the protocols of care for transsexual people, irrespective of the issue of funding for gender reassignment surgery for particular individuals.
(20845)
124  
N  
Miss Julie Kirkbride (Bromsgrove):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, which care standards will be used for welfare inspections in residential special schools operating 52 weeks a year.
(20686)
125  
N  
Tim Loughton (East Worthing & Shoreham):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, on what basis his Department has calculated the European average for health spending as a percentage of GDP; and what are the relevant figures for each country.
(20687)
126  
N  
Tim Loughton (East Worthing & Shoreham):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what figures for expenditure on healthcare in the UK from different sources his Department bases its figures for health spending as a percentage of GDP.
(20688)
127  
N  
Ian Lucas (Wrexham):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if he will require registered practitioners in England and Wales to disclose any criminal conviction in any jurisdiction.
(17397)
128  
N  
Hugh Robertson (Faversham & Mid Kent):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, when he will announce the results of the review into the Kent Ambulance NHS Trust.
(20410)
129  
N  
Mr Andrew Turner (Isle of Wight):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many patients on the Isle of Wight waited over one hour for treatment in casualty in (a) 1997, (b) 1998, (c) 1999, (d) 2000 and (e) 2001; and what percentage each figure represents of total casualty attendances.
(20380)
130  
N  
Mr Andrew Turner (Isle of Wight):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many patients on the Isle of Wight waited over (a) one year and (b) three months for an operation in (i) 1997, (ii) 1998, (iii) 1999, (iv) 2000 and (v) 2001; and what percentage each figure constituted of the number of operations in each year.
(20382)
131  
N  
Mr Andrew Turner (Isle of Wight):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many unfilled GP posts on the Isle of Wight there were in November (a) 1997, (b) 1998, (c) 1999, (d) 2000 and (e) 2001; and what proportion each figure represents of GP posts on the island.
(20381)
132  
N  
Norman Baker (Lewes):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many requests last year there were by the Metropolitan Police of (a) British Telecom and (b) other private sector communications organisations for information in respect of communications traffic data.
(20446)
133  
N  
Norman Baker (Lewes):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many illegally-held firearms were (a) recovered other than by seizure and (b) seized by police forces, in each year since 1990.
(20540)
134  
N  
Norman Baker (Lewes):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what analysis he has conducted to ensure the provisions relating to retention and use of communications data traffic are consistent with the provisions of the (a) Data Protection Act 1998, (b) Telecommunications (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 1999 and (c) Human Rights Act 1998; and if he will make a statement.
(20443)
135  
N  
Norman Baker (Lewes):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, to what extent the voluntary Code of Practice proposed in Clause 11 of the Anti-Terrorism, Crime and Security Bill will provide protection for the UK communications provider industry against challenges under the Data Protection Act 1998.
(20442)
136  
N  
Norman Baker (Lewes):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, if he will extend the scope of Section 1 of the Firearms Act 1968 to include airguns.
(20447)
137  
N  
Norman Baker (Lewes):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, if he will list the non-lethal weapons approved for use by police forces.
(20538)
138  
N  
Norman Baker (Lewes):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what (a) financial, (b) personal and (c) administrative resources are available to the Regulation of Investigatory Powers tribunal to enable it to undertake its work.
(20444)
139  
  
Mr Jim Cousins (Newcastle upon Tyne Central):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many cases of applicants seeking an extension of an existing leave to remain there are; how many of these cases have been awaiting decision (a) more than 12 months and (b) six to 12 months; how many such cases have lost entitlement to disability related benefits; and whether a protocol has been agreed with the Department of Social Security to backdate benefits when the claim for extension is decided.
(20902)
140  
  
Mr Jim Cousins (Newcastle upon Tyne Central):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many anti-social behaviour orders there have been in each magistrate's court committee area since 1st June 2000.
(20766)
141  
  
Mr Jim Cousins (Newcastle upon Tyne Central):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, when the decision was taken to place all HIV+ applicants for (a) leave to remain and (b) asylum in a group awaiting policy guidance; and how many such cases there now are (i) in total and (ii) in each category of applicants.
(20901)
142  
N  
Lynne Jones (Birmingham, Selly Oak):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what proportion of (a) men and (b) women in prison in England and Wales on 10th June in each of the past three years were jailed for (i) fine default and (ii) drug offences related to personal use.
(20289)
143  
N  
Lynne Jones (Birmingham, Selly Oak):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many (a) men and (b) women were jailed in England and Wales for fine default in each year since 1990.
(20288)
144  
N  
Ian Lucas (Wrexham):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what assessment he has made of the proposal in the Auld Report that evidence of a defendant's previous convictions will ordinarily be admissible in criminal proceedings.
(17518)
145  
N  
Mr Owen Paterson (North Shropshire):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, if he has granted permission to the Angel Development Corporation to house asylum seekers at the Centrex site at High Ercall, Shropshire.
(19747)
146  
N  
Mr Owen Paterson (North Shropshire):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what discussions he has had with the Angel Development Corporation about the future of the Centrex site at High Ercall, Shropshire.
(19749)
147  
N  
Mr Owen Paterson (North Shropshire):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, if a feasibility study has been carried out on the suitability of the Centrex site at High Ercall, Shropshire, for the housing of asylum seekers.
(19748)
148  
N  
Mr Owen Paterson (North Shropshire):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many places are being sought to accommodate asylum seekers around the country; and how many have so far been filled.
(19743)
149  
N  
Mr Owen Paterson (North Shropshire):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what conditions must be fulfilled before permission is granted to those organising sites for the accommodation of asylum seekers.
(19744)
150  
N  
Mr Owen Paterson (North Shropshire):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what the planned maximum number of asylum seekers is for each centre accommodating them in remote rural areas of the United Kingdom.
(19745)
151  
N  
Mr Owen Paterson (North Shropshire):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what the Government's intentions are with respect to the Centrex site, at High Ercall, Shropshire.
(19746)
152  
  
Mr Kevin McNamara (Kingston upon Hull North):    To ask the honourable Member for Roxburgh and Berwickshire, representing the House of Commons Commission, who sits on the House of Commons Advisory Committee on Works of Art; when this Committee was established and who its Chairman is; if he will (a) publish the minutes of meetings of this body and (b) place them in the Library; how many times the Committee has met in the past two years; what plans he has to make the work of the Committee more public; what the criteria are for commissioning and purchasing artworks for the House; what the mechanisms are for consultation about purchasing policy; what steps (i) honourable Members and (ii) members of the public may take to nominate a particular work of art to be (A) purchased and (B) borrowed for display in the House; what is the value of works of art (1) on display and (2) in storage in the Parliamentary estate; and what is the value of purchases of artworks in each of the buildings that comprise the Parliamentary estate in each of the last three years.
(20893)
153  
N  
David Winnick (Walsall North):    To ask the honourable Member for Roxburgh and Berwickshire, representing the House of Commons Commission, if he will make a statement on the duties of the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards.
(17538)
154  
  
Mr Nigel Dodds (Belfast North):    To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, what discussions he has had with Cabinet colleagues on the health implications for people in Northern Ireland of the opening of the MOX nuclear reprocessing plant in Sellafield.
(20891)
155  
  
Mr Nigel Dodds (Belfast North):    To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, pursuant to his Answer of 26th November, Official Report, column 588W, on prisons, which governing governors have exercised their discretion to exclude the Her Majesty's Prison prefix from their prison establishment in Northern Ireland.
(20892)
156  
N  
Mr Peter Duncan (Galloway & Upper Nithsdale):    To ask the President of the Council, what has been the average time taken to (a) deliver and (b) install standard computer equipment to honourable Members' offices in (i) the House of Commons and (ii) constituency offices; and if he will make a statement.
(20696)
157  
N  
Mr Mark Lazarowicz (Edinburgh North & Leith):    To ask the President of the Council, if he will bring forward proposals to extend pre-legislative scrutiny.
(17536)
158  
N  
Mr Peter Duncan (Galloway & Upper Nithsdale):    To ask the Secretary of State for Scotland, how many sub-post office closures have been reversed during the statutory period following closure in each year since 1990.
(20699)
159  
N  
Mr Peter Duncan (Galloway & Upper Nithsdale):    To ask the Secretary of State for Scotland, what assessment she has made of the impact the Scottish economy of the implementation of the aggregates tax.
(20698)
160  
N  
Mr Peter Duncan (Galloway & Upper Nithsdale):    To ask the Secretary of State for Scotland, how many jobs in Scotland are dependent on the industries which will be subject to the imposition of the aggregates tax.
(20697)
161  
N  
Mr Peter Duncan (Galloway & Upper Nithsdale):    To ask the Secretary of State for Scotland, how many sub-post offices have closed in (a) Scotland, (b) Dumfries and Galloway and (c) Galloway and Upper Nithsdale constituency in each year since 1990.
(20700)
162  
  
Mr Richard Allan (Sheffield, Hallam):    To ask the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry, what research she has undertaken into systems that allow people to opt out from receiving unsolicited commercial email; and what evaluation she has made of their effectiveness.
(20831)
163  
N  
Dr Vincent Cable (Twickenham):    To ask the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry, in employment tribunal cases where parties were required to pay a deposit, what the mean average deposit was at a preliminary hearing as a condition of continuing to proceed with the case in (a) 1998, (b) 1999 and (c) 2000.
(20660)
164  
N  
Dr Vincent Cable (Twickenham):    To ask the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry, how many employment tribunal claims, where a deposit at a preliminary hearing was required as a condition of proceeding, were proceeded to a full hearing in (a) 1998, (b) 1999 and (c) 2000, broken down by deposits required from applicants and respondents; and in how many such cases (i) the claimant won and (ii) the case was withdrawn and (iii) the case was settled before a full hearing.
(20661)
165  
N  
Mr Christopher Chope (Christchurch):    To ask the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry, what action she has taken in response to the recommendation in the Better Regulation Task Force Annual Report 2000-01 that her Department should become an effective champion for small retailers.
(20677)
166  
N  
Mr Christopher Chope (Christchurch):    To ask the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry, if she will respond to the recommendation of the National Audit Office (HC329) that small business panels should be set up to give feedback on regulatory proposals; and if she will make a statement.
(20682)
167  
  
Julia Drown (South Swindon):    To ask the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry, if she will list the names and positions of (a) ministers, (b) officals and (c) political advisors in her Department who communicated with UK MEPs prior to the European Parliament's vote on the Schoerling Report on the EC White Paper on Chemicals on 15th November; and if she will make a statement on information given by them to MEPs on this matter.
(20856)
168  
  
Mr Lindsay Hoyle (Chorley):    To ask the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry, pursuant to her Answer of 29th November, Official Report, column 1047W, on the Government Office for the North West, what (a) support and (b) advice the Government Office for the North West provides to companies in non-assisted areas on management buy-outs.
(20877)
169  
  
Mr Lindsay Hoyle (Chorley):    To ask the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry, what are the criteria for companies to receive (a) advice and (b) support from the Government Office for the North West when placed in administration.
(20875)
170  
  
Mr Lindsay Hoyle (Chorley):    To ask the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry, what files the Government Office for the North West holds on concerns raised by honourable Members on behalf of local companies.
(20876)
171  
  
Mr Lindsay Hoyle (Chorley):    To ask the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry, what (a) advice and (b) support was provided to Thomas Whitter Ltd by the Government Office for the North West after the company was taken into administration.
(20874)
172  
  
Mr Lindsay Hoyle (Chorley):    To ask the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry, what decisions were taken by the North West Development Agency in relation to support for Thomas Whitter Ltd following the actions taken by the Government Office for the North West.
(20873)
173  
  
Miss Anne McIntosh (Vale of York):    To ask the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry, what assessment she has made of the impact of the current trading status of Enron on utilities in the UK; and if she will make a statement.
(20750)
174  
  
Mr Michael Weir (Angus):    To ask the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry, what plans she has to ensure recompense for those affected by the UK breach of its obligations under the 1977 Acquired Rights Directive.
(20890)
175  
  
Ms Diane Abbott (Hackney North & Stoke Newington):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, how many (a) full-time and (b) part-time employees the Government Office for London has; and what the corresponding figures were in June 2000.
(20765)
176  
N  
Mr David Chidgey (Eastleigh):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, what the criteria are for prioritising the targets for the resurfacing of concrete trunk roads and motorways under the 10 year plan.
(19790)
177  
N  
Mr David Chidgey (Eastleigh):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, what the annual budget is for the motorway and trunk road noise barrier programme; and when it will next be reviewed.
(19792)
178  
N  
Mr David Chidgey (Eastleigh):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, if he will list, in order of priority, the projects in the noise barrier programme, together with the expected dates for the commencement of construction and anticipated cost of each project.
(19794)
179  
N  
Mr David Chidgey (Eastleigh):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, when the (a) M27 between junctions 7 and 8 and (b) M3 between Southampton and Winchester were last subjected to condition surveys and maintenance cycle reviews; and what estimates were made of the time expected to elapse before resurfacing with low noise materials would be required.
(19791)
180  
N  
Mr David Chidgey (Eastleigh):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, if he will list those noise barrier projects that (a) have been completed and (b) are under construction, indicating the construction cost of each project.
(19793)
181  
  
Mr Andrew Dismore (Hendon):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, what will be the actual cap levels for formula rents for registered social landlords and council housing in Barnet in 2011.
(20836)
182  
  
Mr Andrew Dismore (Hendon):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, how many pensioner households (a) in the United Kingdom, (b) in London and (c) in Barnet are (i) in receipt of housing benefit and (ii) not now eligible for housing benefit, but will become eligible as a consequence of formula rents (x) in 2002-03 and (y) in 2011; and if he will make a statement.
(20843)
183  
  
Mr Andrew Dismore (Hendon):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, how many tenants in (a) registered social landlords and (b) local authority property in (i) London and (ii) Barnet will see their rents lower in real terms after completion of restructuring in 2011; and if he will make a statement.
(20848)
184  
  
Mr Andrew Dismore (Hendon):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, how many properties in Barnet will not reach the formula rent cap level for the unit size for (a) registered social landlords and (b) council tenants by 2011.
(20838)
185  
  
Mr Andrew Dismore (Hendon):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, what plans he has to adjust housing benefit thresholds and caps in the light of formula rent increases in (a) London and (b) Barnet; and if he will make a statement.
(20841)
186  
  
Mr Andrew Dismore (Hendon):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, what estimate he has made of the impact of formula rents on local authority housing revenue accounts; and if he will make a statement.
(20852)
187  
  
Mr Andrew Dismore (Hendon):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, what estimate he has made of the effect of formula rents on housing benefit expenditure in (a) the UK, (b) London and (c) Barnet for (i) 2002-03 and (ii) 2011; and if he will make a statement.
(20840)
188  
  
Mr Andrew Dismore (Hendon):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, what assessment he has made of the impact of rent increases in 2003-04 as a result of the formula rent on the pension credit arrangements to be brought in in 2003.
(20839)
189  
  
Mr Andrew Dismore (Hendon):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, to what extent formula rents after restructuring will be (a) inclusive and (b) exclusive of management and maintenance charges; and if he will make a statement.
(20844)
190  
  
Mr Andrew Dismore (Hendon):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, how many (a) registered social landlords and (b) local authority tenants (i) in the United Kingdom, (ii) in London and (iii) in Barnet (1) (x) are and (y) are not in receipt of housing benefit, (2) will become eligible for housing benefit as a consequence of the introduction of formula rents in 2002-03 and (3) will become eligible for housing benefit as a consequence of the introduction of formula rent by 2011; and if he will make a statement.
(20842)
191  
  
Mr Andrew Dismore (Hendon):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, what percentage real terms increase in each year he predicts for formula rents for (a) registered social landlords and (b) council tenants in Barnet until 2011.
(20837)
192  
  
Mr Andrew Dismore (Hendon):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, how many households in Barnet in (a) registered social landlord and (b) local authority accommodation will have formula rents at the appropriate cap level for their size in 2011.
(20820)
193  
  
Dr Liam Fox (Woodspring):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, what are the areas of expenditure contained in the Port Health budget for each of the last three years for which figures are available.
(20819)
194  
  
Chris Grayling (Epsom & Ewell):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, when a detailed survey was last carried out of London Underground's tunnels; and if he will make a statement.
(20770)
195  
  
Chris Grayling (Epsom & Ewell):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, how frequently London Underground carries out detailed surveys of its track; and if he will make a statement on the most recent survey.
(20771)
196  
  
Chris Grayling (Epsom & Ewell):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, if he will make a statement on the register of assets held by London Underground.
(20768)
197  
  
Chris Grayling (Epsom & Ewell):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, when a detailed survey was last carried out into the condition of London Underground's signalling; and if he will make a statement.
(20769)
198  
N  
Mr Lindsay Hoyle (Chorley):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, pursuant to his Answers of 29th October, Official Report, column 479 W on housing, and of 13th November, Official Report, column 611W, on affordable housing, on what basis he stated that Chorley Borough Council considered Eaves Green unsuitable for affordable housing.
(20527)
199  
N  
Norman Lamb (North Norfolk):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, if he will publish, in rank order, the 100 most deprived wards in the Government Office Eastern Region, indicating their (a) local authority and (b) parliamentary constituency.
(20379)
200  
N  
Mr David Laws (Yeovil):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, what action he plans to take to ensure that Somerset County Council's standard spending assessment is set at a level to reflect (a) the costs of delivering services in rural areas, (b) the size of the county's road network, (c) the demands on social services due to the level of the elderly population and (d) the backlog of capital works; and if he will make a statement.
(18880)
201  
  
Miss Anne McIntosh (Vale of York):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, what representations he has received on the delays on trains over the last two months; and if he will make a statement.
(20748)
202  
  
Miss Anne McIntosh (Vale of York):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, for what reasons the SRA have stopped publishing punctuality figures for track lines.
(20747)
203  
  
Miss Anne McIntosh (Vale of York):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, what recent assessment he has made of the morale of Railtrack employees.
(20749)
204  
N  
Andrew Mackinlay (Thurrock):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, on what reasons he based his decision that it would be inappropriate to widen the M4 between junctions 3 and 4b; for what additional external factors he took into account other than the recommendation of the Planning Inspector set out in paragraph 87 of the summary of the Inspector's Report on Heathrow Terminal 5; and if he will make a statement.
(20536)
205  
N  
Mrs Theresa May (Maidenhead):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, what directions he has given to the Audit Commission on inspections into the running of services by (a) Walsall MBC, (b) Hillingdon LBC, (c) Derby City Council, (d) Malvern Hills DC and (e) Waltham Forest LBC.
(20535)
206  
N  
Mrs Theresa May (Maidenhead):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, if he will list (a) track, (b) signals and (c) other infrastructure, operated as part of the London Underground, which is (i) owned by Railtrack and (ii) used by mainline train operating companies; and if he will place in the Library (A) contract and (B) other documentation associated with the use and maintenance of such infrastructure.
(20531)
207  
N  
Mrs Theresa May (Maidenhead):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, what methodology was used by Rough Sleepers' Unit and its predecessor to count the number of people sleeping rough on any single night since 1997; and if he will make a statement regarding the reasons for changes in the methodology used.
(20532)
208  
N  
Mrs Theresa May (Maidenhead):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, how many people obtained permanent housing after being housed in (a) bed and breakfast accommodation and (b) hostels by the Rough Sleepers' Unit for (i) less than one week, (ii) between one week and one month and (iii) over one month, in each quarter since the unit was established.
(20528)
209  
N  
Mrs Theresa May (Maidenhead):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, how many people were housed in (a) bed and breakfast accommodation and (b) hostels by the Rough Sleepers' Unit for (i) less than one week, (ii) between one week and one month and (iii) over one month in each quarter since the unit was established.
(20529)
210  
N  
Mrs Theresa May (Maidenhead):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, which (a) officials and (b) special advisors in his Department were consulted on the content of the supplementary note to the official minute of his meeting with the Chairman of Railtrack on 25th July.
(20533)
211  
N  
Mrs Theresa May (Maidenhead):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, how many (a) statutory single homeless people and (b) non statutory homeless people are (i) in bed and breakfast, (ii) in hostels, (iii) in squats and (iv) sleeping rough; and what plans he has to reduce the numbers of non-statutory homeless people.
(20534)
212  
N  
Mr Mark Oaten (Winchester):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, pursuant to his Answer of 25th October, Official Report, column 394W, on records kept under Clause 9 of the Code of Conduct for Special Advisers, if he will list the internal purposes to which he referred.
(20384)
213  
  
Mr Phil Willis (Harrogate & Knaresborough):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, what plans he has to ensure that all polling booths are accessible to people with physical disabilities.
(20828)
214  
N  
Mr Shaun Woodward (St Helens South):    To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, if he will list in rank order the 100 most deprived wards in the Government Office North West Region, indicating the (a) local authority and (b) parliamentary constituency.
(19561)
215  
  
Mr Jim Cousins (Newcastle upon Tyne Central):    To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, if he will list the existing forms of state support for care that preclude any entitlement to attendance allowance; and whether he proposes to make any change in these arrangements.
(20785)
216  
  
Mr Jim Cousins (Newcastle upon Tyne Central):    To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what entitlement self-funding residents in residential or nursing care have to (a) attendance allowance, (b) nursing care contributions from their local health authority in England from 1st October, (c) attendance allowance and (d) nursing and personal care contributions under the scheme for such support proposed by the Scottish Executive.
(20898)
217  
  
Mr Jim Cousins (Newcastle upon Tyne Central):    To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, if he will estimate the percentage of employees in each decile of employee incomes who were not members of (a) occupational and (b) approved personal pension schemes as of 1st April.
(20899)
218  
  
Sandra Gidley (Romsey):    To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what plans he has to review the (a) design and (b) content of the disability living allowance claim form to make it more accessible to people with mental health problems; and if he will ensure that mental health service users play an active part in this review.
(20781)
219  
  
Sandra Gidley (Romsey):    To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what training front-line staff of Jobcentre Plus receive on working with clients with mental health problems.
(20782)
220  
  
Sandra Gidley (Romsey):    To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what percentage of and how many people in receipt of Disability Living Allowance have mental health problems.
(20783)
221  
  
Sandra Gidley (Romsey):    To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what percentage of claimants in receipt of the mobility components of disability living allowance do so because of mental health problems.
(20784)
222  
  
Sandra Gidley (Romsey):    To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, for what reason the Government last year added regulation 10C of DLA Regulations pursuant to the Social Security Contributions and Benefits Act 1972 on what constituted attention in section 72(1) for the Disability Living Allowance care component.
(20880)
223  
  
Miss Melanie Johnson (Welwyn Hatfield):    To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, if he will amend the Liability Discrimination Act 1995 to protect people with HIV from discrimination at the point of diagnosis.
(20879)
224  
  
Mr Barry Sheerman (Huddersfield):    To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what steps he is taking to prevent (a) local authorities and (b) monopoly training agencies diverting New Deal training budgets from training provision to administrative budgets.
(20758)
225  
  
Mr Barry Sheerman (Huddersfield):    To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what action he will take to ensure that the organisations that provide training for New Deal trainees receive the bulk of money allocated for the purpose.
(20756)
226  
  
Mr Barry Sheerman (Huddersfield):    To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, if he will take action to prevent (a) local authorities and (b) other training agencies from top-slicing the individual cash allocation for training each New Deal trainee in such a way that the bulk of the budget goes for administration rather than training.
(20757)
227  
N  
Derek Wyatt (Sittingbourne & Sheppey):    To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, when Pat Sutton, a constituent, will receive an answer from the Department's Medical Services about her industrial injuries benefit; and if he will make a statement.
(20448)
228  
N  
Norman Baker (Lewes):    To ask the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry, if it is her intention that the effect of the Anti-terrorism, Crime and Security Bill will make publication of routes along which (a) nuclear waste and (b) spent nuclear fuel is transported illegal.
[Transferred] (20445)
229  
  
Mr Phil Willis (Harrogate & Knaresborough):    To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, if he will make a statement on the removal of tax relief on self-funded vocational training.
[Transferred] (20824)
230  
  
Dr Liam Fox (Woodspring):    To ask the Secretary of State for Wales, how many local health boards he expects to be created in Wales under the NHS Reform Bill.
[Transferred] (20895)


Contents, today's questions
 
House of Commons home page Houses of Parliament home page House of Lords home page search page enquiries

© Parliamentary copyright 2001
Revised 4 December 2001