|Amendments proposed to the Employment Bill - continued||House of Commons|
|back to previous text|
Mr Philip Hammond
68Clause 36, page 39, line 31, leave out from 'procedures,' to end of line 32 and insert 'subsection (3) shall have effect so that the note need not comply with the specified provisions where the relevant number of employees was less than six'.
48Page 42, line 27, leave out Clause 39.
Mr Philip Hammond
52Clause 49, page 52, line 12, after 'section', insert '29(2),'.
ORDER OF THE COMMITTEE (6TH DECEMBER 2001)That
(1) during proceedings on the Employment Bill the Standing Committee do meet on Tuesdays at half-past Ten o'clock and at half-past Four o'clock and on Thursdays at half-past Nine o'clock and at half-past Two o'clock, except that on Thursday 6th December 2001 the Committee shall not meet at half-past Two o'clock and on Tuesday 8th January 2002 the Committee shall not meet at half-past Ten o'clock;
(2) the proceedings shall be taken in the following order, namely Clauses 22 to 29, Schedule 2, Clauses 30 and 31, Schedule 3, Clauses 32 to 38, Schedule 4, Clauses 39 to 41, Clauses 1 to 12, Schedule 1, Clauses 13 to 21, Clauses 42 to 48, Schedule 5, Clauses 49 to 51, Schedule 6, Clause 52, Schedule 7, Clause 53, new Clauses and new Schedules relating to requests for flexible working, remaining new Clauses, remaining new Schedules;
(3) the proceedings on Clauses 22 to 29, Schedule 2, Clauses 30 and 31, Schedule 3, Clauses 32 to 38, Schedule 4, Clauses 39 to 41 (so far as not previously concluded) shall be brought to a conclusion at 7 p.m. on Tuesday 18th December 2001;
(4) the proceedings on Clauses 1 to 12, Schedule 1, Clauses 13 to 21 (so far as not previously concluded) shall be brought to a conclusion at 7 p.m. on Tuesday 15th January 2002;
(5) the remaining proceedings on the Bill (so far as not previously concluded) shall be brought to a conclusion at 7 p.m. on Tuesday 22nd January 2002.
EXCERPT FROM ORDER OF THE HOUSE (27TH NOVEMBER 2001)
Proceedings in Standing Committee3. Proceedings in the Standing Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on 22nd January 2002.
4. The Standing Committee shall have leave to sit twice on the first day on which it meets.
|©Parliamentary copyright 2001||Prepared 13 Dec 2001|