|Amendments proposed to the Adoption and Children Bill - continued||House of Commons|
|back to previous text|
Provision of adoption support services for children brought into the United Kingdom
NC3To move the following Clause:
'(1) In relation to a child brought into the United Kingdom for adoption where section 80 applies, each local authority must, at the request of
(2) Where, as a result of an assessment, a local authority decides that a person has needs for adoption support services under this section, they must then provide such services to that person.
Extension of the Convention to Northern Ireland
Mr Robert Walter
NC4To move the following Clause
'(1) Her Majesty may by Order in Council provide for giving effect to the Convention in Northern Ireland.
(2) An Order in Council under subsection (1) in respect of Northern Ireland may, in particular, make any provision corresponding to provision which in relation to any part of Great Britain is made by the Adoption (Intercountry Aspects) Act 1999 or may be made by regulations under section 1 of that Act.'.
NC5To move the following Clause:
(1) Regulations may require adoption agencies to provide an intermediary service at the request of an adopted person, or a birth relative of an adopted person.
(2) Where the intermediary service is requested by a birth relative of an adopted person, the regulations may provide that the Adoption Agency shall use such information as is available to it to contact the adopted person, and notify them of the request of the birth relative to receive identifying information about the adopted person.
(3) But regulations made by virtue of subsection (2) shall provide that information as to the identity of the adopted person shall only be given to the birth relative with the consent of the adopted person.'.
Provision of information relating to adoption
NC13To move the following Clause:
'Organisations providing services with regard to pregnancy and the care of young children must be under a duty to provide information relating to adoption.'.
Foster carers and adopters: insurance
NC14To move the following Clause:
'Foster carers and adopters shall be required to be covered by insurance for legal proceedings that might result from any complaints of negligence or failure to provide sufficient information on the part of adoption agencies.'.
Powers of the Secretary of State
NC15To move the following Clause:
'Any persons involved in the adoption or fostering process has the right to be informed of the power of the Secretary of State regarding lack of compliance on the part of local authorities and voluntary agencies.'.
Adoption of babies
NC16To move the following Clause:
'Babies relinquished voluntarily to adoption at birth by a parent must be placed as soon as practicable with the prospective adopters with due regard to the birth-parents' rights to alter the arrangements within given time specifications.'.
EXCERPT FROM THE ORDER OF THE HOUSE
Proceedings in Special Standing Committee3.(1) Proceedings in the Special Standing Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on Thursday 17th January 2002.
(2) Standing Order No. 91(1) (Special standing committees) shall apply with the omission of the word "morning".
ORDER OF THE COMMITTEE (27TH NOVEMBER)That
|©Parliamentary copyright 2002||Prepared 17 Jan 2002|