Letter to Mr Chris Winslow from the Parliamentary
Commissioner for Standards
You may be aware that I am investigating allegations
that while you were employed as Westminster staff, paid by the
Fees Office at the House of Commons, you were deployed on the
Labour Party campaign for the Scottish Parliament election.
I would be grateful to receive the following information
from you to assist my enquiries:
1. During the period April 1998-December 1999
who were your employers?
2. Please specify whether you worked full time
or part time for each employer and give the contracted hours.
3. Did you ever work on the Labour Party campaign
during hours you were paid from the Fees Office? If so please
4. During the period April 1998-December 1999
did you ever work full time on the Labour Party campaign?
5. During the campaign how many hours a day on
average did you work for the Labour Party?
6. Any other information which you feel will
give me a complete picture of the arrangements or which adds to
You may prefer to discuss these matters in the first
instance and if so please would you telephone this office to arrange
a convenient time for a telephone discussion or meeting.
May I thank you in advance for your help.
11 February 2000