House of Commons
| Session 1999-2000|
Publications on the internet
Friday 28th July 2000
1 Message from the Lords,--A Message was brought from the Lords, as follows:
The Lords have agreed to the Finance Bill, without Amendment.
2 Adjournment (Matters to be considered before the forthcoming adjournment),--A Motion was made, and the Question being proposed, That this House do now adjourn--(Mr Kevin Hughes);
And it being half-past Two o'clock, the Motion for the adjournment of the House lapsed, without Question put.
3 Royal Assent,--The Deputy Speaker notified the House, in accordance with the Royal Assent Act 1967, That her Majesty had signified her Royal Assent to the following Acts, agreed upon by both Houses, and to the following Measure passed under the provisions of the Church of England (Assembly Powers) Act 1919:
Finance Act 2000
Sea Fishing Grants (Charges) Act 2000
Child Support, Pensions and Social Security Act 2000
Government Resources and Accounts Act 2000
Learning and Skills Act 2000
Local Government Act 2000
Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000
Census (Amendment) Act 2000
Football (Disorder) Act 2000
Postal Services Act 2000
Utilities Act 2000
Church of England (Miscellaneous Provisions) Measure 2000
4 Public Petitions,--Public Petitions from--
(1) residents of the city of Chichester for aid to be directed to education for child labourers, and
(2) Seán Woodward and others for changes in the valuation of land purchased for road schemes
were presented; and ordered to lie upon the Table and to be printed.
5 Adjournment,--Resolved, That this House do now adjourn.--(Mr Tony McNulty.)
And accordingly the House, having continued to sit till three minutes to Three o'clock, adjourned till Monday 23rd October, pursuant to Order [19th July].
[Adjourned at 2.58 p.m.
Papers subject to Affirmative Resolution:
1. Social Security,--Draft Jobseeker's Allowance (Joint Claims: Consequential Amendments) Regulations 2000 [by Act] [Mr Secretary Blunkett].
Papers subject to Negative Resolution:
2. Industrial Development,--Assisted Areas Order 2000 (S.I., 2000, No. 2038), dated 27th July 2000 [by Act] [Mr Secretary Byers].
3. Immigration,--Statement of Changes in Immigration Rules [by Act]; to be printed [No. 704] [Mr. Secretary Straw].
4. Social Security,--Social Security (Therapeutic Earnings Limits) Amendments Regulations 2000 (S.I., 2000, No. 2028), dated 26th July 2000 [by Act] [Mr Secretary Darling].
5. Telegraphs,--Wireless Telegraphy (Broadband Fixed Wireless Access Licences) Regulations 2000 (S.I., 2000, No. 2039), dated 27th July 2000 [by Act] [Mr Secretary Byers].
6. Agricultural Marketing,--Report and Accounts of Food from Britain for 1999-2000 [by Act] [Mr Nicholas Brown].
7. Broadcasting,--Report and Accounts of Comataidh Craolaidh Gàidhlig, the Gaelic Broadcasting Committee, for 1999-2000 [by Act] [Mr Secretary Reid].
8. Comprehensive Spending Review,--Paper, entitled 2000 Spending Review: Public Service Agreements 2001-2004 [by Command] [Cm. 4808] [Mr Andrew Smith].
9. Disability Rights,--Report of the Disability Rights Commission for 1999-2000 [by Act] [Mr Secretary Blunkett].
10. Education and Employment,--Department for Education and Employment Minute, dated 28th July 2000, concerning a contingent liability in respect of arrangements to provide indemnities to TEC National Council, Training and Enterprise Councils and Chambers of Commerce, Training and Enterprise for liabilities which arise after their licence with government ceases [by Command] [Mr Secretary Blunkett].
11. Home Affairs,--Government Response to the Second Report from the Home Affairs Committee, Session 1998-99, on Freemasonry in Public Life [by Command] [Cm. 4813] [Mr Secretary Straw].
12. Income and Corporation Taxes,--Treasury Minute, dated 28th July 2000, amending the Treasury General Consents 1988 [by Act] [Dawn Primarolo].
13. National Audit,--Report by the Comptroller and Auditor General on Ministry of Defence: Training New Pilots [by Act]; to be printed [No. 880] [Clerk of the House].
14. National Heritage (Scotland),--Accounts of the Royal Botanical Garden, Edinburgh, for 1999-2000, with the Report of the Comptroller and Auditor General thereon [by Act]; to be printed [No. 866] [Clerk of the House].
15. Police,--Report of the Chief Surveillance Commissioner for 1999-2000 [by Command] [Cm. 4816] [The Prime Minister].
16. Railways,--Report of the Rail Regulator for 1999-2000 [by Act] [Mr Secretary Prescott].
17. Treasury Executive Agencies,--Report and Accounts of the Office for National Statistics
for 1999-2000, with the Report of the Comptroller and Auditor General thereon [by
Act]; to be printed [No. 834] [Miss Melanie Johnson].
First Standing Committee on Delegated Legislation,--The Speaker has appointed Sir David Madel Chairman of the First Standing Committee on Delegated Legislation in respect of the Dangerous Substances (Nickel) (Safety) Regulations 2000 in place of Dr Ashok Kumar.
|© Parliamentary copyright 2000||Revised 31 July 2000|