House of Commons
Publications on the internet
The Register of Members' Financial Interests: Part 1
As at 30th January 2012
SMITH, Nick (Blaenau Gwent)
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor:
9. All Party Parliamentary China Group, sponsored by GKN plc, City of London, London Export Corporation (LEC), John Swire & Sons, GlaxoSmithKline, Astra Zeneca, Arup, University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate, HSBC.
10. Virgin Atlantic
Address of donor:
9. c/o Great Britain China Centre, 15 Belgrave Square, London SW1X 8PS
10. Customer Relations, PO Box 747, Dunstable LU6 9AH
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value):
9. £2,654.48, return flights to China, internal travel in China, accommodation and meals. I also received some meals and hospitality provided locally.
10. £1,500, flight upgrade on outward journey
Destination of visit: China; Shanghai, Beijing and Chengdu
Date of visit: 16-23 December 2011
Purpose of visit: to maintain and strengthen relations between Parliament and the National People’s Congress of China; to learn about and support British businesses operating in China; and to deepen the knowledge and understanding of parliamentarians of China.
(Registered 20 January 2012)